Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2009, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Looking for a Good Reverb Plugin

There's also the new Rob Papen reverb. I haven't tried it but the examples on the website sound pretty good.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:52 AM

I 2nd the person that said wait for the new Lexicon reverb. I think it will be around $1500 native, but if money is no object that probably will be the one to get. I believe that it is the identical algorithms to their expensive hardware pieces. Nobody needs to tell you how good those are!

And yes you can get 2 algorithms of the breverb plugin for $5.00 thru audiomidi.com right now (plate and room). They are stellar. You can pick up the whole package including hall and inverse from them for under $300. For $5.00...a no brainer. For the absolute best...$1500 lexicon software reverb. And also of course the VSS3 TC that somebody mentioned (ported from the system 6000) is awesome as well.

Your other option is to pick up the new PCM reverb that Lexicon has (hardware for around $3000) that works as a plugin within your DAW. But if you have a fast computer I still vote for the new plug that they are selling.

God bless!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:36 PM

Smile Re: Looking for a Good Reverb Plugin

i recently purchased the TL verb and i am very pleased with both the sound and performance, plus there are sites out there that share ir files.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:02 PM

I'd be curious to hear a raw, good verb, and cheap verb comparison. I have used TL Space and AIR that come with Pro Tools and find them basically useless since they all sound like a hall reverb no matter what you do. I was after a good snare reverb to add to a great snare sound but those 2 plugs made it significantly worse.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThursday View Post
I'd be curious to hear a raw, good verb, and cheap verb comparison. I have used TL Space and AIR that come with Pro Tools and find them basically useless since they all sound like a hall reverb no matter what you do. I was after a good snare reverb to add to a great snare sound but those 2 plugs made it significantly worse.
Have you downloaded all the additional IRs for TL?

Or the free Bricasti ones from Acousticas (see the Tips and techniques LE forum.. Top Jimmy prepared them all so you can use them stereo to stereo)

There is no way that you can say they all sound like a hall...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:00 PM

Yep, downloaded them all and installed them. They don't all sound identical but all have too much hall qualities to them. My ears don't lie and wet/dry and all others settings in any combination still leave too much undesired hall type sound. My best reverb so far is my Lexicon MX200 hardware unit.

One thing I found interesting was that on LE 7.3 I had several different types of reverb settings that came with TL Space, on 8.0 I have only one of each type.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThursday View Post
Yep, downloaded them all and installed them. They don't all sound identical but all have too much hall qualities to them. My ears don't lie and wet/dry and all others settings in any combination still leave too much undesired hall type sound. My best reverb so far is my Lexicon MX200 hardware unit.

One thing I found interesting was that on LE 7.3 I had several different types of reverb settings that came with TL Space, on 8.0 I have only one of each type.
It sounds like you are using the presets and not working with the IR's from within the plugin.. A few other people have noticed that the few presets that come with the plug have disappeared after reinstalling etc..

But the presets are pretty basic and limited..

It really sounds like you are not getting the most out of that plugin..

You have to hit the double arrow ">>" icon in the top right of the plugin to get at all the other IRs... Seriously..
Old 11-04-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
It sounds like you are using the presets and not working with the IR's from within the plugin..
You have to hit the double arrow ">>" icon in the top right of the plugin to get at all the other IRs... Seriously..
Yeahppp... My fave by far... Case is definitely not closed with Altiverb...Its nicse but I hardly ever use it...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 11-04-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
Yeahppp... My fave by far... Case is definitely not closed with Altiverb...Its nicse but I hardly ever use it...
!Hola! KB
Old 11-04-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
!Hola! KB
)_________(

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)