Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2004, 09:08 PM

Default Connecting external device to mbox

Hello all. I'm using an Mbox with Pro Tools LE. I'm trying to connect a t.c. electronic M300 dual engine processor via the SP/DIF input/output in order to use it as an external effects processor. I've read the Pro Tools manual and can't figure out how to connect it properly. I have it wired and the effects board is receiving a digital signal but, I can't select the M-300 in the I/O drop down and haven't a clue how to fix it!!! I want to be able to use the reverb of the external device on certain tracks and realize that in order to make the effect permanent, I'll have to bounce the track. But, I don't want to do that until I can hear what the effect will sound like on that track in the mix. I'm not very familiar with setting the inputs, outputs, buses, etc in the I/O setup and could seriously use some detailed directions on this matter! Thanks.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Connecting external device to mbox

Hey,

Cool to see another TO dude on the boards. As far as Mbox goes I'm afraid you are out of luck...and/or hardware insert points. The box will only allow you to input and output via the SPDIF connectors, as this one is a two in- two out unit. The only way to insert the M3000 in your signal chain is to use the unbalanced analog send/receive loop on your two main inputs.
So, processing the incoming audio only. Once working with recorded tracks, only internal buses can be set for " plugin" processing. Sorry..that TC M3000 is a great unit, BTW.
If you need more help you can e-mail me. I'm in Etobicoke.

cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring