Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2021, 01:12 PM

Default Re: I/O setup help - I SHOULD ALREADY KNOW THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
I guess it must be the differences in Interface because in the "Dashboard" drop down if I click Pro Tool > File > "Create New" I don't have a Stereo mix" as a pre configured template ??? but no matter,,, carry on
“Stereo Mix” is one of the I/O settings you can choose when making a new session. “Last Used” will carry over the I/O settings of the session that was open previously.

I show everyone I work with how to make their own personal I/O settings and how to select them every time they start a new session. This prevents the “why are the settings from your session I opened now in my session” questions.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 05-31-2021, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
“Stereo Mix” is one of the I/O settings you can choose when making a new session. “Last Used” will carry over the I/O settings of the session that was open previously.

I show everyone I work with how to make their own personal I/O settings and how to select them every time they start a new session. This prevents the “why are the settings from your session I opened now in my session” questions.
Yes I know about "last used" an how to use it But as Far as "Stereo Mix" being , "one of the I/O settings you can choose when making a new session" . That is my question.

I am not clear on what is meant by your use of term " I/O settings you can choose " in other words how do you get to that selection ? What are the actual steps taken to get to this selection option ? There must be some selection process I am not aware of

As I noted when I want to make a new session I click PT > File > Create New (if I have "Create From Template" unchecked in Dash board I get a blank session and if I click the I/O in "Setup" I simply get the Carbon I/O matrix ? And "Stereo Mix" is not one of the PT preset templates that show in the various Dash board template selections ??????????????????????

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 05-31-2021 at 05:52 AM.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Yes I know about "last used" an how to use it But as Far as "Stereo Mix" being , "one of the I/O settings you can choose when making a new session" . That is my question.
The pull down menu where it says “Last Used”. Click on it and you’ll find “Stereo Mix” and others. You’ll also find any you made. How do you make and save your I/O settings file? Right in the I/O Settings window.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Old 06-01-2021, 05:36 AM

Quote:
The pull down menu where it says “Last Used”. Click on it and you’ll find “Stereo Mix” and others. You’ll also find any you made. How do you make and save your I/O settings file? Right in the I/O Settings window.
OK I found it Dashboard > I/O Settings > Last Used (I had never opened it) It appears to open a blank session ? Is that because I have my default format as Stereo ?

As for how I make and save I/O
When I launch PT I get this screen, I make my selection for which template I want,, type a new name and click,,,,, done

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 06-01-2021 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
OK we are still not communicating What pull down menu? located where? what are the actual steps

As for how I make and save I/O
When I launch PT I get this screen, I make my selection for which template I want,, type a new name and click,,,,, done

Right there under the sample rate. I/O Settings: Last Used. Click on it.

Once you have a session open, you can customize your I/O settings in I/O Setup, save it as a settings file, and then start with it every time you create a new session.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Right there under the sample rate. I/O Settings: Last Used. Click on it.

Once you have a session open, you can customize your I/O settings in I/O Setup, save it as a settings file, and then start with it every time you create a new session.
Yes thanks I finally found it and came back and edited my previous post

As I note I simply make custom I/Os, sends, plugins etc right in the mixer as for my session templates that are all done when I launch that template. Which I was offering the OP as a possible alternative to creating a new sessions and new tracks etc. every time

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...