Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 05-03-2021, 04:33 AM

Default Glitches signal generator

I want to make a frequency sweep using the automation whit the Signal Generator but it results in audible glitches.
What could be the cause?
In Osx's Midi Audio Setup I've tried also to check "drift correction" on to my built-in output, but nothing has changed.
At this link a short video.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Glitches signal generator

Well, both fortunately and unfortunately, it's not your system. The signal generator that ships with Pro Tools does not work smoothly when automating the frequency parameter and generates zippering since each move of the frequency slider is a step in frequency.

I do not have any experience with other signal generators, but hopefully someone else does and can chime in on something else to use.

System Details
Old 05-03-2021, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Glitches signal generator

I don't have a solution, but I can confirm junkgear's comments on the stock one. I suggest a google search for AAX signal generator plugin and see if any pop up. Sadly, none are likely to work with Pro Tools First due to one of its many limitations(personally, I wish AVID would offer an "LE" version of Pro Tools for maybe $199 and just limit it to maybe 24 tracks, but let it use any AAX plugin. Do you really need Pro Tools? If not, there are several cheap or free options(Reaper, Cakewalk, Studio One Artist, Audacity, etc). If you really do need Pro Tools, I recommend buying(or subscribing to) the "real" version

BTW, one other option might be to search for sine wave signal sweeps in wave format(which you can import into any DAW)

What are you trying to do with the signal generator? Maybe there is a better way...

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave