Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-28-2021, 12:47 PM

Default Missing iLok License after perpetual plan renewal

Purchased a perpetual upgrade and support plan and my pro tools license seems to have vanished from my iLok account.

My guess is that my 2020 license was pulled and meant to be replaced with my PT2021 license - but it was never deposited.

The purchase of the product when through on my credit card, and I see it in my products in my avid account, and my ilok ID matches on their too!

When I try to launch it tells me I need to activate and when I click activate it tells me I don't have the license and that no licenses are pending delivery to me.

Any suggestions to save the day for me? I didn't think purchasing the plan would lock me out of my DAW and I've got client deadlines on the horizon!

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2021, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Missing iLok License after perpetual plan renewal

While you wait for a resolution, download the Pro Tools trial.

https://my.avid.com/get/pro-tools-ultimate-trial

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-28-2021, 03:38 PM

Tom, you're my savour! Thank you very much!
Old 07-02-2021, 12:02 PM

To update this thread - I have amazingly still not be provided with my PT license and am still only managing to continue working due to using an PT Ultimate trial. Frankly terrifying customer service when you pay for an upgrade that includes "support".
Old 07-02-2021, 01:51 PM

Checking with the CS rep that handled the case, but when looking at your account I see 2x Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) activated to your iLok 2 (these are in addition to the Trial). One of the license bundles has a Release Limit of Jun 17 2022 but the other has a Release Limit of Aug 29 2017.

Please right+click > Show Details on the license bundles in iLok License Manager to check the Release Limit, then deactivate the older license (and the Trial). You should be all set then.

Note that you can enable the Publisher License ID column in iLok License Manager to see the System ID associated with a license. That will help you match licenses up to your products in my.avid.com/products.