Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2016, 10:20 AM

Default Which output to use now?

Love my 11R. I have it connected to one computer via USB to use with Pro Tools. I have the Main Output (L&R) connected to studio monitors for quick practice or enjoyment.

Now, I have a second computer I use Cubase on. My interface is a FocusRite Saffire Pro 40. While it has SPDIF, it is currently used by another piece of gear. But I have several analog inputs still available.

For quick tracking of 11R with this second computer without disconnecting my current connections, can/should I use Output to Amp to the FocusRite? The FX Send (Left or L&R)? Use the Phones out?

I read the manual. I just wasn't sure if Output to Amp would send too much signal to the FocusRite input.

Also, on another thought too, can I got out the FocusRite, in the 11R FX input and back to a FocusRite to access the 11R as an effects rack too? Anyone doing that?
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Intel Haswell-E Processors 3.3GHz Core i7-5820K 6-Core; Memory - DDR4: 16GB DDR4-2400 Quad Channel (4 x 4GB); Primary Drive (OS): 240GB SSD SATA3; Secondary Drive (Audio): 2TB 7200 rpm SATA2; Graphic Card: 1GB (HD5450) Dual Display Graphics Card; Optical Drive: 22x CD/DVD Dual Layer Burner; Windows 10 64-bit; PT 12.5; Studio One Pro 3.2; Cubase Pro 8.5; REAPER; MixBus 3
Old 12-20-2016, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Which output to use now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzler View Post
For quick tracking of 11R with this second computer without disconnecting my current connections, can/should I use Output to Amp to the FocusRite? The FX Send (Left or L&R)? Use the Phones out?

I read the manual. I just wasn't sure if Output to Amp would send too much signal to the FocusRite input.
That will work fine, just make sure you have the output set properly so you get the rig sound on the output.

Quote:
Also, on another thought too, can I got out the FocusRite, in the 11R FX input and back to a FocusRite to access the 11R as an effects rack too? Anyone doing that?
I think you would have to use the line inputs for this. You'll also have to make sure you have the line input selected in the input menu when doing this.

System Details