Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-1998, 08:51 AM

Default Pro Tools NT questions

A few plug-in companies(TC Works for example)
have said they haven't recieved SDK's for PT NT.Without which they cannot write plug-ins. Since PT 24 NT is already released and PTMix
is due out Dec. why haven't 3rd party companies recieved their kits?How long before we see 3rd party software for PT NT?Also will 3rd party companies be writing exclusively for the Mix card or will they support the vintage style cards also?When does Digi plan on releasing the d2/d3 and will they work on both (mix/vintage)cards?
It would be great if someone from Digi could
act as liason between users and development partners.Antares and Lexicon never anwsered my email but I'd bet they'd anwser if Digi called.
Basically what I want to know is who plans on writing for PT NT(Waves told me no twice ),whether for mix or vintage and when they think it will be available.
Also may i suggest you try to get Sonic Foundry as a devolpment partner?Running the Acoustic Mirror(aka Acoustic Modeler)in real-time would be awesome!
thanks
james
Old 11-18-1998, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools NT questions

Hello..Anyone there..Digi Engineering?... ..Bruce?....Did I mistakenly go to the Session 8 forum?
Old 11-20-1998, 02:45 PM

Seconded! Come on Digi, can we have some sort of reply to this one? This is the major stumbling block to my buying PT NT at the moment.
Old 11-27-1998, 03:39 AM
Avid

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I'm stil working on finding out as much as I can regarding these questions, and I'll post the answers I get next week. We do have a department that works closely with third party developers, so I'll get a progress report, as well as the answer to the vintage/mix questions. The way that plugins work now on the mac side, they have to be updated to work on a MIX card, but almost all of them are backwards compatible with the vintage farms, and will run on either.
I haven't heard anything regarding the NT SDKs, but I'll check on that as well.

Bruce Paine,
Digidesign Product Information