Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 11-19-2021, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Offline Bounce vs Realtime Bounce vs Recorded-in-Session - BIG differences in PT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
I really dislike Elastic Audio for many reasons, this is one of them. Was your source a WAV file or MXF? I've noticed issues randomly when it's MXF. Doing a consolidate to force a new WAV file clears it up. Then it sounds as expected, real-time or rendered.
No, I did consolidated it to a new file before doing the work on AE. Not doing that often kicks the legs of LCR files out of sync when rendering, creating entirely random results.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Offline Bounce vs Realtime Bounce vs Recorded-in-Session - BIG differences in PT2

Aside from the obvious bugs and problems related to offline bounce, there is also the issue of "Playback Disappointment in Linear PCM Recording Systems" It's worth a google search...
Old 11-19-2021, 04:03 PM

The other day, bouncing offline didn't even process the first 30 seconds or so of the complete selection. Just silence and then the audio resumed at a random point in the timeline.
Don't know what happened there. Intro section wasn't muted. Happened twice.
PT 2021.10 (W10)

I restarted Pro tools and the issue went away.
So far it hasn't happened again.

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory

Last edited by take77; 11-19-2021 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresix View Post
Hi everybody !

Just realised the other day while comparing my exported mix to what I had in the session that they didn't sound exactly the same.
At first I thought it must be me, but after a couple tests, it became obvious that the OFFLINE bounce just wasn't the same as what I was hearing during mixing or what came out of a REALTIME bounce.!
[...]
Out of curiosity, have you tried printing the mix into your session 2 or 3 times and comparing the results? This should help you understand how much the random elements of your processing might be affecting what you're observing.