Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2009, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Native Instruments Komplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ndy View Post
It is really good for most of the NI stuff. Acoustic Piano on the other hand is a beast! You can run 10 NI VI's if you want, but you have to start turning up the buffer. I usually print the VI tracks that I know a good to an audio track and then disable and hide them from my session. If I need them to make any changes, they are still there. That way you can stay on a buffer of 64 and not have any latency issues.
Thanks for the advice, Ive been trying to get a decent answer out of people for a while. Do you have a dedicated HD for the NI samples? Any advice on that?
Thanks
Old 09-07-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reycantong View Post
I think Yes. You said you're not recording audio so I bet you don't have a decent soundcard. You need a good soundcard to avoid latency issues though. NI has a great audio interface (Audio Kontrol 1) to pair with their products so check it out.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...dio-kontrol-1/
Not to be a smart a** or anything, but we are posting on the 'Pro Tools LE Mac Systems: 003, 002, Mbox, 001' forum. I have a 002. Would the audio kontrol be better?
Old 09-07-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Do you have a dedicated HD for the NI samples?
On my Mac Pro, Yes. On my macbook Pro they are on the same external drive I use for audio. No complaints so far on this set up.
Quote:
Would the audio kontrol be better?
Would not work with PT. I am not sure about the quality of Audio Kontrol with the stand alone apps. I would like to get the Kore2 with the hardware controller! It has a new midi mode that allows you to use it with other plugins/software.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Just trying to get back to my main question. Does Komplete 4 wotk with Protools 8? I've gathered that Komplete 5 mostly works. Of the ones that don't work, NI has removed them from Komplete 6 while updating those that do work. Is this a correct assessment?

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 09-10-2009, 10:05 AM

One of the reasons that I bought Komplete in the first place was for Acoustik Piano. There was an article in a magazine (Electronic Musician I think) that compared all the existing Piano VI's at the time and Acoustik Piano placed first ahead of Ivory. That was like one or two years ago however. Now that it seems NI dropped Acoustik Piano from the Komplete suite (maybe all together), I'm looking for the next great piano VI that works with PTLE 8.x. What do you folks like? I hear some of you like the included Mini Grand but I have not been too impressed with it.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
Old 09-10-2009, 11:52 AM

Hello,

Some of Komplete 4 works fine with the latest updates ie Absynth 4, Pro-53, FM8, Reaktor 5 and Battery 3.05 (currently beta).

Guitar Rig 2 and Kontakt 2 work, but not very efficiently and can crash

I dont really use Spektral Delay or Vokator, but they run, how efficiently I don't know

So if you have Komplete 4 then the cheap upgrade (123 quid in the uk probably cheaper stateside?) to 6 makes sense because you get Kontakt 4, Guitar Rig 4, Massive and Absynth 5 to give you newer versions and Pro Tools compatibility across the range

You don't need Akoustik or Electrik piano any more because Kontakt will play the samples just fine (even the free kontakt player)

Just my thoughts

Cheers

evs
Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruddlebug View Post
Guitar Rig 2 and Kontakt 2 work, but not very efficiently and can crash

So if you have Komplete 4 then the cheap upgrade (123 quid in the uk probably cheaper stateside?) to 6 makes sense because you get Kontakt 4, Guitar Rig 4, Massive and Absynth 5 to give you newer versions and Pro Tools compatibility across the range

You don't need Akoustik or Electrik piano any more because Kontakt will play the samples just fine (even the free kontakt player)
Just so I understand correctly: I don't need Akoustik and Electrik Piano anymore because Kontat will play the samples just fine (Kontakt 2 works but not very efficiently and can crash or Kontact 4 which is included in Komplete 6). Is that correct?

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
Old 09-11-2009, 11:25 AM

Hello,

I've installed the new free kontakt player (version 3.5.025, works fine PT LE 8.01) and Akoustik and Elektrik piano show up in the libraries tab and you just browse sounds from there, so the full version 4 should do the same

Cheers

evs
Old 09-11-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
One of the reasons that I bought Komplete in the first place was for Acoustik Piano. There was an article in a magazine (Electronic Musician I think) that compared all the existing Piano VI's at the time and Acoustik Piano placed first ahead of Ivory. That was like one or two years ago however. Now that it seems NI dropped Acoustik Piano from the Komplete suite (maybe all together), I'm looking for the next great piano VI that works with PTLE 8.x. What do you folks like? I hear some of you like the included Mini Grand but I have not been too impressed with it.

OD, I had Komplete 4 using it in 8.0 and nothing worked very well it was always a crapshoot then I upgraded to Komplete 5. Only after the release of Konyakt 3.5 did it begin working again. Here is what I do that works for me.

I do not use the acoustic piano or electric piano (I put it in the unsed plugs folder but the samples remain on my data drive). I open Kontakt 3.5 and load the prests from ep and acoustik piano and it works just fine...Until the whenever it wants to hang up ocasionally. I also agree with Andy, when you get a good part, print it and make that track inactive.

FM 8, Massive, Guitar 3, work fine. I have everything else just moved to the unused plugs folder. That is how i keep it working.

I will buy the Komplete 6 but think I will buy a full version, remove everything else and start over. I think things have gotten corrupted with protools, service center and NI as the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing between the 2 companies.

Just my 2 cents but try opening up your steinways and borsendorfers in Kontakt. It works fine for me

For all complaints click here

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent