Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2002, 11:55 PM

Default FREE!!!

No, not PT Free..

Okay, so it's not even completely free... it's gonna cost you shipping. Figure $10 or so...

Here's the deal. I just went up to an Athlon XP 2100 for my system. Yeah, it's nice. But now I'm sitting on a unused XP 1800 CPU and Coolermaster fan. I guess I could build an extra system, or try to sell it, but I figured some DUC person could put it to good use.

So I'm giving it away.

Want it? I want to make it some sort of a "contest". So here's the contest:

Write a response to this post. And in 50 words or less, tell me why I should pick you as the person to give this stuff to.

Closing date for requests for the stuff is 6 PM, Pacific time, Monday August 12, 2002. I'll announce the person who gets the stuff by Tuseday sometime and ship it out by Wednesday. If you want to send me $10 for shipping, that's fine. If not, oh well...

Digidesign, I hope this is acceptable. If not, please let me know what I have to do to abide by your rules. I want to GIVE this away to someone who can use it and who will appreciate it.

Thanks!

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:19 AM

Default Re: FREE!!!

Forget the contest Phil...just give it to ME! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
No, I'm kidding. That's very, very nice of you. Somebody is gonna be a lucky guy.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:35 AM

That's real nice of you man. If it were me - I'd build a second system. But then again, I'm not as nice as you are. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2002, 03:36 AM

damn phil, your really nice......but i would post this on the mac side, thier the ones that need the help [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

i could use a 2nd system but i dont NEED it, if no one post trying to win it, i can give you $50 for it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but thats if no one needs it and it getting in your way.
Old 08-08-2002, 05:16 AM

i volunteer my computer building skills to orphan lepers maimed by minefield accidents in el salvador. if you give me the cpu (for the orphans, of course), i'll ask them to send a picture and a thank you letter. most of them don't have hands, though, so it might take a while for them to type with their little noses and toes...
Old 08-08-2002, 06:38 AM

I have been wanting to build Athlon system to use to teach High School students the joys digital audio. It is volunteer stuff.
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

2+2=5
Old 08-08-2002, 07:10 AM

Phil,

You have a big heart sir! I would like a bass player friend of mine named George G. in Virginia Beach to get your PC so I can get him set up to record digital tracks. I have an 001 rig already. We work together regularly on composing and just having great fellowship. He is using a Tascam 4 track to record ideas and I take the tape and digitize it. Sometimes this works sometimes not.

Here is my 50 words:

I'd like George G. to get this machine to help him continue his music passion. He gave up playing out when he got married and is raising two kiddos. He plays bass at his church and other churches in the area. This PC would help us collaborate and continue creating music together. He can't afford a new PC on his current income from installing air conditioners in new homes. This would bless his socks off!

George and I have posted some works in progress at members.cox.net/robo.programmer if you care to hear our previous "work" (it is less work and more play).

Thanks for the opportunity! You will be blessed in your giving! Rob

PS I didn't count the words... Don't know if it was 50 or not. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2002, 08:16 AM

Pick me because i'm a poor college student and Home Recording is a passion, but my jeep just broke down and my computer went out. Now my parents making me spend my saved money too fix my jeep when i started building a new computer! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2002, 08:19 AM

Helloo..

here are my 50 (or less words)

------- start -------
My church, (North York Chinese Baptist Church - Don Mills Branch) in Toronto, wants to recording sermons, special projects, etc... onto computer. Only problem is that we're a little strapped on cash right now and it'd help a lot if there was one less thing for us to buy.
-------- end --------

Thanks for such a generous offer (even if we don't get it)!

If you want more info on our church, go to www.dmbc.ca
Old 08-08-2002, 08:33 AM

Ok, My turn.
"I'm using a P-III 850 so I could really use the speed, I am also an AW4416 user so I'm willing to trade services, if you need. I'll lend some percussion, guitar or vocals an any track you choose, swapping free stuff for free stuff, neither of us will lose."

Wow, 50 words exactly. You are a generous person. I wish all the contestants good luck in the contest. Thanks, Jason