Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Weird graphical problems on the mixer

Hey all,

Anyone had this problem? (sorry bout the picture resolution)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ry/PTMixer.jpg

Gotta have something to do with our dual-screen setup? First monitor is a Dell 24" (1920 X 1200 res); the second a projector for viewing video (The image on the right is just the blank desktop). As you can see the mixer goes all screwy when you scroll to the right. Sometimes the mixer also appears blacked out when scrolling to the right. This only seems to happen on some projects and usually, i can get rid of it by scrolling back and forth a few times or by closing and reopening the mix window a couple of times. Not quite sure what ive set up wrong here. Any ideas? I should point out that it doesnt affect audio or anything like that, except of course being able to see whats going on! Lucky we have a procontrol!

Cheers,
James

PS. Please let me know if the link doesnt work
Old 10-03-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Weird graphical problems on the mixer

It's not that you are using dual screen. It seems like you need to update your graphics card or Motherboard. It could also be a setting, or your monitor resolution doesn't match up with the GPU's resolution.

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro
Old 10-03-2007, 06:02 AM

Hmm, its probably to do with the monitor resolution as this is a brand new purpose-built Audio PC, running latest drivers all round. I do remember that the guy who built it had actually experienced problems with 24" Dell monitors running at that resolution. Bummer. Having said that we use the exact same monitor with the other system running Nuendo and have not experienced anything even remotely similar. Also using Ableton Live and Reason on the PT system and have no graphical issues there.

Regards,
James
Old 10-03-2007, 12:10 PM

I've had a few graphics issues since upgrading to my Gateway FPD2485w (24" @ 1920x1200). In my case I get patches of the mix or edit windows popping through the opposite window. The only fix for me is to restart PT, its not something I can "refresh" away. I had never seen this before upgrading my monitor.

WinXP Pro SP2
Protools HD 7.3.1cs2 HD2 Accel
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe (HT enabled)
P4 3GHz CPU
2 GB RAM (4 sticks 512 MB)
Matrox P750 (dual head/independent: Gateway FPD2485w 1920X1200 @ 60Hz, Viewsonic VG171b 1280X1024 @ 60Hz)
Western Digital 20GB system drive (swappable- separate drive with identical system for testing)
(2) Western Digital Raptors attached to onboard SATA via hot-swap bays (audio)
Plextor PX-716UF DVD/RW drive attached to onboard firewire
Evolution 61 key & M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 controllers attached to onboard USB
Digidesign ProControl attached to dedicated PCI LAN card
Intel i9-10980xe
64 GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Matrox C420
Avid Artist Mix
Old 10-04-2007, 02:14 AM

Yea if you tried it on a different systems and the monitor works, then It might have to deal with your graphics card. I'll center it around that. Try and play a movie or clip, something that is graphical that will use the GPU. See what you come up with. It could just be a setting in you GPU's configuration. Sometimes a fix could come out before your system builder can add it to your machine. I'll try that first. Most of the time you might have to uninstall your GPU's driver by right-clicking "My Computer", then go to Manage/Device Manager/Display Adaptors. Right click on it then go to uninstall drivers. The PC will uninstall then ask for a Reboot. Accept the reboot then see if that works. Also, make sure it is not one of the unsupported GPU's in the Digidesigns requirements.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:14 AM

Yea if you tried it on a different systems and the monitor works, then It might have to deal with your graphics card. I'll center it around that. Try and play a movie or clip, something that is graphical that will use the GPU. See what you come up with. It could just be a setting in you GPU's configuration. Sometimes a fix could come out before your system builder can add it to your machine. I'll try that first. Most of the time you might have to uninstall your GPU's driver by right-clicking "My Computer", then go to Manage/Device Manager/Display Adaptors. Right click on it then go to uninstall drivers. The PC will uninstall then ask for a Reboot. Accept the reboot then see if that works. Also, make sure it is not one of the unsupported GPU's in the Digidesigns requirements.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:47 AM

My Post house is running 2 PChd2 systems & 1 mac, both pc's have the same problem. If you take any plugin window or your memory window and just wipe over the area it goes away, weird.
Hope this helps