Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2000, 02:06 PM

Default selecting digi as Sound Manager output (or) previewing peak plug ins

I am trying to preview premiere format plugins in peak. or get any sound manager output through the 001 at all. I cannot get sound ou through the digi hardware in any app that uses sound manager (soundapp, T Rax)
When I select digi as the sound out port, these apps freeze or give me error codes.
also peak 2.5.2 seems to lose its ASIO connection once in a awhile and has to be reminded that it is Direct io.
any ideas? thanks in advance..
Old 11-09-2000, 03:11 PM

Default Re: selecting digi as Sound Manager output (or) previewing peak plug ins

Blnc,

I've had good luck with both Peak and Spark and the 001. Here's what you do:

1. Put "Digidesign Output Driver" into your extensions folder & restart
2. Find the "Sound" conrol panel (not "monitors and sound", but "Sound". It's on the PL Le CD. Drag it to the Control Panels folder
3. Open the "Sound" control panel and select "Sound Out = Digidesign".
4. Open Peak and select "Sound Output = ASIO". Once ASIO is open, select Direct Connect, set up the 001's I/O as you like, and then check the "deactivate for previewing" box. Uncheck the "active in background box" (can cause Peak to forget about ASIO).
5. Don't mess with the Digidesign Control Panel - may cause Peak to forget about ASIO.

Even with this setup I get a few glitches (noise bursts when re-winding a playlist with Waves plug-ins, noise bursts when dealing with playlists and 24bit I/O)... for those activities I switch from "ASIO" to "digidesign" or "built in:" and everything works fine (except that it doesn't sound as good as ASIO since you are listen through Sound Mangler).

All of this works for me on OS 8.5 and 8.6.

Good luck,

Jeff D.