Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2006, 08:15 AM

Default Recorder/Dubber Features in 7.2

First, let me say thanks for the features in 7.2 that enable us in post to use a Pro Tools HD system as a recorder/dubber. This enhances our work flow in a major way due to the fact that our prior methods used a recorder that was no longer supported and did not want to be networked. This is working extremely well and I can promise you that people worldwide are hearing the results.

However...

It is critical that as you continue to develop and improve Pro Tools that you do not leave compatibility with these dubbing features behind. In other words, please be sure that as you move forward that you do not break it.

With all the buzz around issues with 7.3, I am in no hurry to use it on systems that we use as recorders, but I know that it will show up on systems that editors bring to the mix rooms and use as playback. That is ok, but as part of the process, we will also need to take files from the recorders and import them into these editorial systems to mix from, so backwards and forwards compatibility is and will continue to be important.

Please do not leave us behind as you round the next turn.

Again, thanks and have a great holiday.