Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Can\'t record-enable...

Hi there, this is my first post, so please be gentle!!

I'm running a Powerbook 10.4.10 and a Protools LE Digi002 v7.1

I'm slowly going through the manual (which appears to be for pc, as some things such as the Channel Strips look different) and I have hit a problem: I'm not able to record-enable my track.

For your information, all I want to do to start is record my voice! I have Tools going into my external drive and that's going into my Mac (as dictated in the manual if the Mac only has one firewire drive) and one mic going into the 1st XLR.

I have started a new session and selected Mic/Line1 mono and also Analog 1 mono and am hearing my voice and getting a good level (I am getting a weird stereo image effect in my cans and not a centered mono sound at the moment which is bizarre, but first things first...!)

So The manual is telling me to press the record enable button, which flashes and then to select the track (in this case track 1). The LED on the select button should flash to let me know that is enabled and then away I go!! My problem is the after pressing record-enable and then my selected track on the 002, the LED on the select doesn't flash and therefor when I go to hit record on my Mac I get the "no record-enable track is selected" message.

All offers as to why would be GREATLY appreciated.

Many thanks,

Darren
Old 08-21-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Can\'t record-enable...

Quote:

I'm running a Powerbook 10.4.10 and a Protools LE Digi002 v7.1
Looks like your problem is right there.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:37 PM

You may be misreading the instructions. It sounds like you're saying that you're hitting the red button on the transport and then clicking on the fader strip. Enabling record mode is actually much simpler than that - on whichever track you want to record on, just press the little "R" button. Don't even worry about the transport. Some people prefer to not even have the transport on the screen.
As for the wierd stereo imaging you describe, it's probably the latency that you're hearing. Go to "Setup" at the top of your screen and choose "Playback Engine". If your H/W buffer size is anything over 128 samples then you're going to get that latency.
I hope I was able to answer your questions.
Good luck with all that.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:30 AM

What does that mean??
Old 08-22-2007, 05:00 AM

Groovilator - thank you SO much!! What's weird is that yesterday I never ever saw that little R button, on the track or the Channel Strip and today when I fired Tools up, there it was - cheeky fella!! I see what you mean regarding the transport viewer now as there are many ways to record and playback - the easiest being via the desk, so it's superfluous.

Regarding the latency, I followed your advice and tried it at 128 and then 64, but I still have a slight weirdness in my cans, where the left side is stronger than the right and the right appears to be slightly late, giving a bizarre effect... I'll persevere!

Thanks for you help though mate!