Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 10-19-2021, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Export Playlists to new audio tracks

Ha! You guys are hilarious. This made my day!
Old 10-19-2021, 07:53 AM

Ok, so after all that , I had to know. I just tried it and it works fine. I opened up the source track to playlist view, used the selector to drag across all the playlists, highlighting all the clips, then used ctrl-option-drag (Mac) with the grabber tool to drag a copy of all of the clips to the new tracks. Omit option if you don't want to keep a copy on the playlists. Unfortunately automation from the main track lane doesn't carry over, so that would have to be a separate process of "copy all automation" and paste to each track after the fact.
Old 10-19-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Ok, so after all that , I had to know. I just tried it and it works fine. I opened up the source track to playlist view, used the selector to drag across all the playlists, highlighting all the clips, then used ctrl-option-drag (Mac) with the grabber tool to drag a copy of all of the clips to the new tracks. Omit option if you don't want to keep a copy on the playlists. Unfortunately automation from the main track lane doesn't carry over, so that would have to be a separate process of "copy all automation" and paste to each track after the fact.
What about track names?
You had to rename them didn't you.
I'd think that would be less of a problem using albee's method of dragging clips onto the edit window to create new tracks.
Old 10-19-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
What about track names?
You had to rename them didn't you.
I'd think that would be less of a problem using albee's method of dragging clips onto the edit window to create new tracks.
Good point. I think a Batch Track Rename could tackle that pretty easily, but dragging from the clip list could also work. However, if there are multiple clips and punch-ins on a playlist, I'd feel more confident using ctrl-drag to maintain timing/overlap/etc. than using auto-spot from the clip list.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Good point. I think a Batch Track Rename could tackle that pretty easily, but dragging from the clip list could also work. However, if there are multiple clips and punch-ins on a playlist, I'd feel more confident using ctrl-drag to maintain timing/overlap/etc. than using auto-spot from the clip list.
It was not like they were all called by the same name. young girl, breathy girl, boy 1, 2, 3... And I wanted those names. Consolidate Audio and then import to new tracks is the way to go for this one.

I'm still surprised that there is no other way.

Steve