Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-21-2010, 04:39 PM

Default Fade shortcut?

What is the shortcut to apply an exponential curve to a linear fade. I.e if I created a fade at the start of a region via the 'd' shortcut, I then would like to create a concave / convex curve to my taste with the mouse (I have seen this done before). I can not seem to find the shortcut anywhere, I already know about 'apple' 'F' that is not what I want to achieve, thanks.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Fade shortcut?

anyone?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:47 PM

Don't you press apple F and then change it in the pop up box?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:29 PM

your thinking about logic, but to my knowledge the only place to do this is in the apple/cmd F window.

i7 920 2.66,
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R,
6 GB Corsair XMS3 Ram,
WD 500GB 7200 rpm HD,
WD 750GB 7200 rpm HD,
MBox 2 Mini, PT LE 8,
Axiom 49 Midi Controller,
Akai MPK 61 Midi Controller,
AKG C-414 Microphone.

Wish List: 2 Months.
Digi 003 BLA Mod,

MBP i5, 2.53 Ghz, 4GB of ram, 320GB internal, 500GB External Firewire, Waves Mercury,

Dverb Test - 156

"How you gon' do an 'Intro' to an 'Outro'?"
-Steezy on "Goodbye" By Spliit
Old 09-23-2010, 04:18 AM

Alright lads, yeah I know about the 'apple' 'F' one. I have seen somebody do it before using the mouse with a linear curve? (same as Logic) only thing is it was a HD rig, I thought a shourtcut like that would be on LE as well though?
Old 09-23-2010, 03:08 PM

I just double-click on the fade to edit it.
Before that, I make sure to set up the fade parameters in the Preferences pane.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstyleee View Post
What is the shortcut to apply an exponential curve to a linear fade. I.e if I created a fade at the start of a region via the 'd' shortcut, I then would like to create a concave / convex curve to my taste with the mouse (I have seen this done before). I can not seem to find the shortcut anywhere, I already know about 'apple' 'F' that is not what I want to achieve, thanks.
It's simple.. as others have pointed out, select the area of the region where you want to fade into and simply CMD (Apple) F, then in the fade window, click on the fade curve and move the curve however you want with your mouse.
I just pulled up a session and did it. Make sure the "IN SHAPE" is set to standard and have "Equal gain" as your curve. Of course you can do some interesting stuff with the "S" curve, too.

Hope this is what you're looking for.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:34 AM

Thats is the way I have been doing it, in this thread I was asking how to achieve the same results without having to open any separate window. Not double clicking on any region or 'CMD' 'F'. The same way you do it in Logic is what I am after where you just manipulate the curve on the actually region. I am gussing from the replies this must only be a PT HD feature.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstyleee View Post
Thats is the way I have been doing it, in this thread I was asking how to achieve the same results without having to open any separate window. Not double clicking on any region or 'CMD' 'F'. The same way you do it in Logic is what I am after where you just manipulate the curve on the actually region. I am gussing from the replies this must only be a PT HD feature.
Choose the smart tool from the tools menu. Drag the upper corner of the audio you want to fade. The further you drag, the longer your fade will be. It's that simple. Whether you choose to use the Apple-F shortcut or the smart tool you will always be able to create the perfect fade quickly and easily!

Read more: How to Use Fade Shortcuts in Pro Tools | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2304245_use-...#ixzz11TWXOe8b
Old 10-05-2010, 04:33 AM

I think the shortcut you are looking for is command+control+F, which applies crossfades without opening the fade window using whatever the last set fade shape was. It is not an HD only shortcut, but you do need a selection, you can't use it like fade to start and end. AFAIK there is no way to get these shortcuts to do anything other than linear fades.