Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2000, 11:07 AM

Default DAE Error - 9060

oh please oh please help... here comes a long one:
i'm on a blue&white g3 with mix plus using a client's hard drives and getting a DAE error -9060 on playback. The client has a 9600 (not sure if he means power mac b/c he mentioned Imac) and uses FWB. I use ATTO.
I thought it was a driver problem because the drives wouldn't even mount on start up and I the computer was freezing every time.
I copied all the files onto my own hard drive (another external), reformatted/initialized his hard drives (using ATTO) installing new drivers, then recopied the files back to his drives.
Funny, it will play & record just fine off my drive, but I still get the same error when using his drive.
I had a problem before with his drives and it turned out to be the SCSI terminator but that was a different problem.
I swapped around all the cables which are fine.
Other things to note: Audio files for each song are split up to the 2 drives (I've been told this is a good thing to do but I've never done it this way) but they are all together on my drive (it works fine this way).
There are about 30-40 tracks per song with hardly any plug-ins being used, if any.
Ah, if all the tracks are muted, the song WILL play (no DAE error).

Any clue?

thanks hillary
Old 06-01-2000, 11:23 AM
Avid

Default Re: DAE Error - 9060

It sounds like there are issues with your client's drives. What block size are they formatted with? (512 is the recommend size). If they aren't, try reinitializing them as HFS and not HFS+ volumes. The drives may also have some bad blocks. Use Norton or a similar disk utility to check the drives for any problems.
If you are still having no luck, try this:
Get Info on the suspect drives within the ATTO ExpressPro-Tools 2.3.2 application and enable the "Inhibit Driver Loading" option. Install the ATTO extension into the System Folder>Extensions Folder and Restart the computer. This will allow the system to ignore the drivers currently loaded on the drives and use the drivers in the ATTO extension to load instead.

Brent
Old 06-02-2000, 02:54 PM

Hi, I know a few studios that have had
problems with the ATTO stuff. They have gotten rid of the ATTO extension. I believe
it's not needed with the ATTO card. They have initialized the drives with FWB and
took out ATTO Pro Tools express. I tried this too and it worked on my system G4/450/512, Mix PlusPlus, Glyph hot swap 9 gig cheetahs.
Old 06-03-2000, 08:39 AM

Versions of the ATTO ExpressPro-Tools drivers prior to version 2.3 had problems when used with our stuff -- hence the advice to remove the extension.

Since version 2.3, ATTO has fixed the issues with the EPT drivers and they now work with Pro Tools. In fact, starting with Pro Tools 5.1, we are shipping ATTO EPT 2.3.2 as the disk utility. So, Brent's advice is valid.

--Steve Rosenthal, Digidesign ETS