Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2011, 10:29 AM

Default Problems with Standalone ASIO Driver version 8 for 003R

I am posting this in both the Pro Tools and Pyramix forums as the driver is an Avid Digidesign driver but the problem actually occurs when using Pyramix. I’m hoping both forums will forgive the ‘third party’ flavor.

I recently upgraded to Pro Tools 7.4 for Mac. This is running fine on this platform. However, I also run Pyramix on a PC using the 003R. I have been doing this for 3 years without problems. On installing PT 7.4 the install program updated the firmware on my 003R and since then Pyramix has not been addressing channels correctly while recording. For example, Internal busses are recording onto the ‘live record tracks” when NOT routed to the main bus in any way or in the recording path. In other words, if I punch in to a third track where existing material exists ‘above it’ this original material finds its way onto the third track.

I decided that this must be an issue with the driver as a result of upgrading the firmware, so I downloaded the latest Standalone ASIO Driver—Version 8.03 from the Avid Site. After installing this to the PC I have had various problems:

1) Driver reported as missing by Pyramix software (Which means the program won’t load at all.)

2) Driver found by Pyramix VS3 Control Panel (in Windows XP Control Panel Menu) and version reported correctly—including correct Input/out and buffer, but still not found by the program itself on load.

3) Driver not found by Pyramix VS3 Check applet—which then crashes after reporting this. Even though reported by VS3 Control Panel immediately before.

4) Driver Install program adds older version of C++ Redistributable Files 8.0.56336 — I believe Waves or Pyramix has already added version 8.0.59193. Driver still not found even with either of these files deleted.

5) Unable to reinstall old driver as it will not recognize the interface. Even after uninstalling and manually deleting driver in system files and rebooting everything multiple times.

6) The Windows XP XP2 System won’t rollback the driver.

Has anybody had these kinds of problems and found the solution? I would be glad to hear from you ASAP.

Thank you,

Kurt