Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2021, 02:08 AM

Default Importing a group of Tracks with all the related Playlist's list

Hi, I have to import to a new session a group of 3 tracks from another session.

I need to import each track with its own list of playlist...without the audio clips, I only need the playlist track and name to put different clips without having to create and rename again all the playlists.

If I use import session data, unchecking the "import audio-clips" box, I have all the tracks but I don't have all the playlists for each track.

I tried using track presets with no success. Best way to get also the playlists when I import tracks (with no audio-clips). Tks
Old 11-19-2021, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Importing a group of Tracks with all the related Playlist's list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulienat View Post
Hi, I have to import to a new session a group of 3 tracks from another session.

I need to import each track with its own list of playlist...without the audio clips, I only need the playlist track and name to put different clips without having to create and rename again all the playlists.

If I use import session data, unchecking the "import audio-clips" box, I have all the tracks but I don't have all the playlists for each track.

I tried using track presets with no success. Best way to get also the playlists when I import tracks (with no audio-clips). Tks
Hi, Where exactly are you seeing a "import audio-clips" box? I don't see one in my Import Session Data window.

You can select "Track Data to Import", but if you unselect Clips and Media, you lose the option of importing playlists.

Only way I know how to do it is to import the tracks with the corresponding media. Under Audio Media Options, you can choose "Link to source media" or "Copy from source media". The Link to option is the fastest since Pro Tools doesn't have to copy the audio from the other session. Then you can just delete the audio clips - but be careful not to permanently delete the audio from the original session!! (Yes, I've done this!) Best to make a backup of the original session before doing this to be safe.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB