Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2011, 02:37 PM

Default Default Source for Bounce to Disk Mystery

PT9 is working just fine on my setup. OSX 10.6.4. See signature for other details. Clean installation of OSX (erased disk) followed by usual updates to 10.6.4. Then PT 9. Waves 8 WUPPED clean install. Newest Altiverb.

However, I was VERY used to just a quick <cmd><opt>B to invoke the Bounce to Disk dialog, and then a quick <return> keystroke.

I'm now finding that the bit depth and file type are retained from the last bounce but that the source drop-down varies indiscriminately from my Reverb aux send to the Main L-R. Many useless bounces have ensued.

Any suggestions on setting and keeping the default bounce source as the Main L-R?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Default Source for Bounce to Disk Mystery

Great question - I'm pretty much in the habit of making sure everything's the way it should be before a bounce as I've been burned too. I did some experimenting last night with this in the I/O to see what sets the default bounce but it had no effect. And it can change with the session. Does anyone know what determines the default bounce source??

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 02-09-2011, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Default Source for Bounce to Disk Mystery

Yeah, that's driving me nuts, too...

I even have the bigger problem, that if you want to export a Quicktime-movie and change the settings, you will have to do a "normal" bounce first to chose the bounce source you want, because in the movie-export-dialogue, you are not able to chose anything else besides busses (the interface outputs are greyed out). For me, that's a major bug, at least not thought through, because of what help are all the great new features if you're having trouble exporting your work properly?