Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2023, 08:37 PM

Default Delay Comp issues since moving to 2022.12

Been on HDX/Ultimate for years.

Over the holiday I upgraded to a Mac Studio M1 MAX. Using newest version of PT (2022.12), under Rosetta. Updated all my plugs. Here's the thing- I immediately started noticing some weird phasey stuff happening when I parallel process. Same plugs I've always used to do that- except it was always rock solid on my old rig. I've tried all options of HW Buffer, etc. Nothing helps.

Using UAD-2 Octo, and a Quad Satellite. The HDX/OCTO are in a Sonnet Chassis and connecting via thunderbolt. I should note that I am NOT using the Hybrid Engine at all.

Is anyone else experience weird delay comp/latency issues with 2022.12?
Old 01-25-2023, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Delay Comp issues since moving to 2022.12

Did you also recently update your UAD plugins? I've heard of timing issues with a recent batch of plugz. Or are you having issues with other non-UAD plugz too?

I'm using 2022.12 via Rosetta with a Mac Studio Ultra and haven't noticed any delay comp issues. BUT, it's ProTools, and they've had sporadic and unpredictable issues with delay comp since its inception.
Old 01-26-2023, 05:11 AM

YES. I had to upgrade the UAD-2 software. I am definitely noticing it on the Chandler Zener. Haven't tried others yet. I believe its v10.1.

I am pretty sure I'm hearing a bit with Plugin Alliance stuff as well. Will do more testing today.
Old 01-26-2023, 11:43 AM

AHH!!

I am have the most INSANE delay issues with the newest Pro Tools.

HDX- Aurora n.

it is samples off with all hardware inserts, and even my 2 lynx won't be synced.
the only solution (sometimes) seems to be shutting EVERYTHING down, including a power cycle of the chassis. beyond frustrating.

I've had this setup for years and it's never been an issue.

hardware inserts are off by 34 samples.