Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-04-2011, 09:47 AM

Default MBox 3 Pro power supply replacement

I recently got the new MBox 3 Pro and a few days ago the metal pin on the power supply lead got dented. This means that i can't power my MBox because the power supply won't go into the little port on the back of the Mbox, which in turn means no Pro Tools until the problem is fixed...
I've searched all over the internet to find a new power supply but it seems pretty impossible to find..... I did however find a repair centre who were willing to change the port and adapt the MBox to a new power supply, but i'm wondering if this is my best option? From all my searching through the Avid website it seems that this power supply is not in their list of Spare Parts which they sell, but i'm wondering if they would replace it under the One Year Limited Warranty?

Any advice or other ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers
Old 03-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Default Re: MBox 3 Pro power supply replacement

Have you called the place you bought it from? My customers call me all of this time with problems like this....
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.