Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2009, 03:54 PM

Default Issue with PT 7.4 and Amplitube 2 LE

I have an issue, possibly minor , but who knows...

I am running PT 7.4 on a G5 Dual 2.0 with a Digi 002 Console Workstation.

I use this set up with a Focusrite Octopre Platinum as I record
mainly drum tracks via the web.

I do dabble with writing via guitar and recording other bands as a hobby.

My problem ocurrs while opening a session. Let's say Track 1.

I plug my guitar direct into Channel 1 on my Digi 002 and no problem with signal.

Now , when I add a Plug In ( amplitube 2 LE ) to the track , i immediately get my original signal and NO volume, or metering from the Plug In.

I experimented with switching out of Low Latency Monitoring and I immediately register on the Plug In's meters and get sound.

Now, when this happens, I get a random 2 second static sound every minute while in Low Latency Monitoring mode.

I am choosing Amplitube LE 2 from my "Other " Menu . It is not included with the software . I think it has better sound than Guitar Rig

My questions are this:

Is there a way to use the Plug In ( Amplitube LE 2 - Demo version ) and get a signal without switching to Low Latency Monitoring ?

Will this continue to be an issue until I purchase the Full Version?

Is there a way around this that anyone knows of?

Will this happen to any Plug In's that I use?

I am but a fool when it comes to working with gear like this and would appreciate any and all help...

Thanks
Josh

-Anyone tried Digidesign 11 for Guitar as a Plug?
Old 11-11-2009, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Issue with PT 7.4 and Amplitube 2 LE

Amplitube sux and performs poorly in Pro Tools, Sansamp will give you far less headaches and performs well, whatsmore it's now free and will run on your system. Download link below:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...32&itemid=1074

1) On an 002 sends and plugins are disabled on record enabled tracks when you have LLM enabled.

2) The static buzz is because you are running a demo version, yes it will disappear if you purchase the full version. As stated, save your money because it will cause you nothing but grief.