Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2017, 04:39 AM

Default Eleven Rack - How do i mute it?

Is there any way to mute to 11R so I can hear Guitar Rig 5 only?
I'm connected to the 11R and i'm using headphones and the sound is constant. I have tried to make a patch and turn the volumes down but I can still hear the raw guitar sound when I have Guitar Rig 5 on. I want to be able to use the Eleven Rack for my base sound and the Guitar Rig 5 for additional effects that the 11R does not have. I noticed this when I was using Cubase. I get the sound with or without pressing monitor. I suppose it didn't bother me so much because I like to play over the track but it's pretty unconventional in recording terms and I need to start doing it the right way.

Thank you for any help

Jamie.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack - How do i mute it?

England....nice.

So I need to ask more questions b/c to me it is unclear what you are asking.

The 11rack is the main interface?
Using Headphones and not studio monitors?
What PT version are you running?
11r is hooked up to the computer via what cable?

Cheers from Central Texas USA
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:17 AM

I assume that you want to stop the direct monitoring of the 11R and use the monitor function from the DAW.
This cannot be made directly from 11R because AVID decided that this function is available only if your DAW is Pro Tools, but there's a workaround as explained in this thread:
http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/for...5071#Post45071.

You need two cables (one if you don't want to run it in stereo).
Connect from 11R's Loop Send to Line In.
Enable the Loop block in the 11R, place it last in the chain and turn down the 11R's Return level to 0 (set send level as needed).

In your DAW, choose Line In as your input and enable monitoring.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:38 PM

That's what I was looking for. I hate companies that make it hard to use other products just because they want you to use theirs. This is probably the reason why so many 11rs were shipped with pro tools. It wouldn't be hard to make a update but if it's a discontinued product, I don't see any chance of them sorting it out. I do have a few solutions but I wanted to know if it was possible with the 11r. No wonder the guy behind the 11r left the company and made the Helix if this is how petty Avid are. I wish they would let the community make updates for it. Such potential is lost in this machine.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichil View Post
I assume that you want to stop the direct monitoring of the 11R and use the monitor function from the DAW.
This cannot be made directly from 11R because AVID decided that this function is available only if your DAW is Pro Tools, but there's a workaround as explained in this thread:
http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/for...5071#Post45071.

Works perfect. Thank you very much for the help. Just needed to turn the fx loop mix on full and it totally muted the patch. I have one patch that is a bypass one so I can now add what ever sound I want outside the 11r.

You need two cables (one if you don't want to run it in stereo).
Connect from 11R's Loop Send to Line In.
Enable the Loop block in the 11R, place it last in the chain and turn down the 11R's Return level to 0 (set send level as needed).

In your DAW, choose Line In as your input and enable monitoring.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1981uk View Post
That's what I was looking for. I hate companies that make it hard to use other products just because they want you to use theirs. This is probably the reason why so many 11rs were shipped with pro tools. It wouldn't be hard to make a update but if it's a discontinued product, I don't see any chance of them sorting it out. I do have a few solutions but I wanted to know if it was possible with the 11r. No wonder the guy behind the 11r left the company and made the Helix if this is how petty Avid are. I wish they would let the community make updates for it. Such potential is lost in this machine.
I don't think "the guy behind the Eleven Rack" made the Helix. Chris Townsend was the main architect/developer of Eleven and the Eleven Rack. He went off to do other things. Other folks on the product team ended up at Line 6. But yes in many respects the Line 6 Helix looks like what a modern Eleven Rack might be.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I don't think "the guy behind the Eleven Rack" made the Helix. Chris Townsend was the main architect/developer of Eleven and the Eleven Rack. He went off to do other things. Other folks on the product team ended up at Line 6. But yes in many respects the Line 6 Helix looks like what a modern Eleven Rack might be.
But missing the True-Z input................. which is a real strenght of the Eleven Rack IMHO
Old 02-05-2017, 11:39 AM

Neither does the InMusic HeadRush, which I expect was part of the deal with Avid dumping M-Audio to InMusic. Which all just helps confirm the Eleven Rack is the end of the line for Avid. And InMusic's claims that that was "Developed by the team behind Avid's Eleven DSP" is never substantiated (and note that says Eleven DSP not Eleven Rack). And "the team behind Eleven DSP" as far as I can tell was really mostly Chris Townsend. And nobody is saying he was involved with HeadRush. I'm more suspecting InMusic is being less than honest here and means they licensed the code from Avid: the company/team who developed Eleven DSP. Anybody from InMusic listening? Want to back up your marketing claims with an explanation?

BTW HeadRush looks nice, but is missing S/PDIF in/out. pretty annoying for folks who want to hang it off a main interface.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
BTW HeadRush looks nice, but is missing S/PDIF in/out. pretty annoying for folks who want to hang it off a main interface.

thats a deal breaker for me.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:29 PM

Go in and change the 'Rig Input' setting on your Eleven Rack (or through the Editor) to one of the digital inputs.