Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2023, 08:23 AM

Default Weird Dverb automation bug

Has anyone else encountered this behaviour?

A track was writing automation without being touched. (auto mode going red and capture coming on)

Recieved a session from sound designer with some D-verb integrated into session. The track with D-verb was dropping into a automation writing (red) when in touch or latch without being touched! Abit worrisome. (I tracked it down by cycling through the automation parameters until I came to the automation writing in the size parameter.) It seems to be putting itself into writing automation when there is a change in the size parameter ie. jump from a spot with "small" enabled to a spot with "large" enabled and it will go into automation writing without any touch. Replicated it on a second system.

I know, I know, Deverb? - but the designer was attached to their setup and we were keeping it as a reference when it starting printing new values ...

PS. not able to reproduce the bug in a clean session. So .. some kind of one-off.

Last edited by Geoff_Mitchell; 10-04-2023 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Weird Dverb automation bug

💯 this has been a bug with Dverb for centuries. I have tried to get it fixed repeatedly with no results.
Old 10-05-2023, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Weird Dverb automation bug

I can't believe this still hasn't been addressed.
Not sure it's entirely auto based, as I would have a small room mono thing going on with a dialog track and recall the session the next day.... next thing.. Large Room... and obviously in the audio..

It's a shame, because Dverb in mono on Dial, was actually really easy to recreate room ambience.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01

Last edited by mattrixx; 10-05-2023 at 08:38 PM. Reason: OTT