Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-13-2016, 08:21 AM

Default Interface

Hello, is there a small interface on the market that i can use to open my PT and edit away from my studio room? i use PT with an M-AUDIO Projectmix I/O desk/interface and it seems i have to be hooked up to that particular desk to open and use PT. Is there a portable interface that will allow me to open and edit in other places? All help will be very much appreciated!
Skiffle
Old 03-13-2016, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Interface

What version of Pro Tools? Ever since PT9, you can usually just plug headphones into the computer's own headphone out and run Pro Tools. With a Mac, it uses Core audio, and on a PC, you need a working ASIO driver(ASIO4ALL is a free "universal" ASIO driver that works in most cases). You just hold the N key down while opening PT, which brings you to the Audio engine setup page, and select the onboard audio

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-13-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
What version of Pro Tools? Ever since PT9, you can usually just plug headphones into the computer's own headphone out and run Pro Tools. With a Mac, it uses Core audio, and on a PC, you need a working ASIO driver(ASIO4ALL is a free "universal" ASIO driver that works in most cases). You just hold the N key down while opening PT, which brings you to the Audio engine setup page, and select the onboard audio

Hi Dave, i tried doing what you suggested and got the following message, Unable to locate hardware make sure your hardware is connected and turned on....

I'm using a macbook pro so i'm assuming i don't need the ASIO driver?

Thanks!

P.S. I have PT9
Old 03-13-2016, 11:42 AM

Hold down 'N' while starting up Pro Tools, keep the key held down. Then when prompted by the playback engine dialog select "Built-In Output". If that option does not show up you have a sick Mac with more problems than a Pro Tools issue (what are all the audio options that show up in Audio-MIDI Setup?).

Wether you need any of the features of a dedicated interface is a separate questions. There are no-end of small portable interfaces available if you do, from Focusrite, Apogee Digital, etc.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:18 PM

Hi,
I bought "Digidesign Mbox 2" used, now I find drivers for Win XP PC but do not see, you help me?
Thanks for kind support
best regards
robert
Old 03-13-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi,
I bought "Digidesign Mbox 2" used, now I find drivers for Win XP PC but do not see, you help me?
Thanks for kind support
best regards
robert
Instead of spamming other users threads, how about starting your own thread and providing some useful information about your system (like what Windows version you are running. Are you running XP?). Start at the Help Us Help You" link up the top of this DUC page and see the type of information usually expected. Please don't reply here with that info, start a new thread.

By posting on DUC with your email address publicly visible you will get no end of email spam.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:05 PM

Hi,
Very thanks for fast reply. Yes I have a Pc with WIN XP, but I do not find the right driver on the network: can you help me?
Very thanks for the kind reply
All the best
Robert
Old 03-13-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Hold down 'N' while starting up Pro Tools, keep the key held down. Then when prompted by the playback engine dialog select "Built-In Output". If that option does not show up you have a sick Mac with more problems than a Pro Tools issue (what are all the audio options that show up in Audio-MIDI Setup?).

Wether you need any of the features of a dedicated interface is a separate questions. There are no-end of small portable interfaces available if you do, from Focusrite, Apogee Digital, etc.
Thanks for your help, it's still not working, i don't get a prompt from the Playback engine with any options, only a small window telling me no Harware found!
Old 03-13-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiffle View Post
Thanks for your help, it's still not working, i don't get a prompt from the Playback engine with any options, only a small window telling me no Hardware found!
So again... what are all the audio options that show up in Audio-MIDI Setup?A screenshot of Audio/MIDI setups audio window will be ideal.

You are sayign if the ProJectMix is connected tht Pro Tools starts up OK? If so hold down the 'N' key there and report back what shows up as playback engine options.

Try trashing prefs (see "Help Us Help You" link up top of this page).

How about some basic info, like the exact model Mac (date code and exact model number), exact version of OS X, etc.

What *exact* version of Pro Tools?

And oh Jesus why are you posting about Mac problems in a DUC Windows forum (could a moderator please move this thread).
Old 03-13-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi,
Very thanks for fast reply. Yes I have a Pc with WIN XP, but I do not find the right driver on the network: can you help me?
Very thanks for the kind reply
All the best
Robert
I'll note you have been helped out in the other thread you started. Again please don't spam other users threads.