Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-23-2011, 07:53 PM

Default Drum Programming

I have been using the tab to transient method, and it works very well for the first track, but once I start on a different track say I did the snare first, and then on the kick drum track if a note matches up when I hit the keys : and "v" to paste it deletes the other note on the snare track and I have to control z and then alt + M to merge it, because alt + M only works when I make a mistake first for some reason? Is there a way around this?

Eric Svizeny
Old 01-24-2011, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Drum Programming

Are you programming or replacing/editing? Sounds to me like you are replacing/editing.

There are a number of ways of doing it. Sound replacer, Massey's DTM, and Steven Slate trigger are common programs that folks use to make it fast and easy.

If it's just editing, I'll group the drum tracks then use either EA or manual edit to bring things into time. I'l also sometimes just cut out everything I don't want, then apply a small fade at the end of each region (start and finish) by hilighting everything then using CMND/F Once that is done I can consolidate the track and make it one long audio file.

I have to say that what you describe leaves me a bit confused.. Sorry if this wasn't the direction you were looking in..
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Are you programming or replacing/editing? Sounds to me like you are replacing/editing.

There are a number of ways of doing it. Sound replacer, Massey's DTM, and Steven Slate trigger are common programs that folks use to make it fast and easy.

If it's just editing, I'll group the drum tracks then use either EA or manual edit to bring things into time. I'l also sometimes just cut out everything I don't want, then apply a small fade at the end of each region (start and finish) by hilighting everything then using CMND/F Once that is done I can consolidate the track and make it one long audio file.

I have to say that what you describe leaves me a bit confused.. Sorry if this wasn't the direction you were looking in..
Thank you for trying to help, unfortunately that is not what I'm trying to do. Anyways I figured it out on my own, so it's all good!!

Eric
Old 01-24-2011, 08:43 AM

Option M always works here. Try trashing prefs etc.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.