Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 03-21-2022, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Hdx, native plugins not loading by Hdx card

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmella View Post
¿Do you know other way to load AAX Native in DSP card?

Metaplugin from DDMF or Blue Cat's PatchWork could to help for this, I don understand it well, I see who is to do mixed line plugins but I don't understand how it works if will be the same charging at the CPU...
Absolutely not possible.
Wrapper plugins can't do it either (like BC Patchwork or Metaplugin.) They run native only. Native = computer's CPU.

Give up on this.
You can ask the plugin developers. But chances are they aren't going to spend time rewriting their plugins.
It is a specific way of writing the plugin in order to run on HDX cards.

It's like you asking for every plugin to run on UAD cards. The plugin has to be written for the specific DSP platform.

(As for Acustica -- they are lazy programmers. They could optimise their code but they don't. They want to sell more plugins so they'd rather concentrate on another "new plugin" than make their older plugins run better. They have always been bad at this. And the sound quality isn't a direct result of their bad programming.)
Old 03-21-2022, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmella View Post
Thanks by the explanations... understood.

I was reading about AAX Native a nd DSP and now all is clear.

Acustica sound amazing but I don't understand how is possible that only they have AAX native , when using them with a octo core is not possible to use a few inserts from Acustica at same time in a Chanel...

To don't be freeze I can't to use more that 2 - 3 plugins as much in the master Chanel, because they overload the core where is charged these, all this having 18 cores on the HDX card to work, very sad.

¿Do you know other way to load AAX Native in DSP card?

Metaplugin from DDMF or Blue Cat's PatchWork could to help for this, I don understand it well, I see who is to do mixed line plugins but I don't understand how it works if will be the same charging at the CPU...

Thanks guays for all your help!

Regards

The problem is Acustica plugins. Many people avoid them because of the issues you are facing. There is no way around it.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:01 PM

Don't see how the hybrid engine helps with native plugins especially since you can only use DSP plugs on a hybrid track. If you have native plugs on a track and make it hybrid all the native plugs will be disabled.

Would love some suggestions on how to increase native plug capabilities. I added an HDX card to my system but since almost no one other than avid supports DSP plugs, I don't get much use from the card.

Waves Acustica plugin alliance etc etc only offer native plugins so having the hdx card was nearly a waste of $$

The caustic stuffed is great, but the high cpu drain and the latency make them harder to use everywhere I would like......
Old 04-20-2022, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark linett View Post
Don't see how the hybrid engine helps with native plugins especially since you can only use DSP plugs on a hybrid track. If you have native plugs on a track and make it hybrid all the native plugs will be disabled.

Would love some suggestions on how to increase native plug capabilities. I added an HDX card to my system but since almost no one other than avid supports DSP plugs, I don't get much use from the card.

Waves Acustica plugin alliance etc etc only offer native plugins so having the hdx card was nearly a waste of $$

The caustic stuffed is great, but the high cpu drain and the latency make them harder to use everywhere I would like......
There is little point in owning a HDX card if you don't plan to use AAX-DSP plugins. You can 'bypass' the DSP mode by right clicking on the lightning button, then selecting DSP Safe Mode. That will allow you to record/arm with native plugins in place.

Maag Audio, Softube, Plugin Alliance, Sonnox, Flux, Nugen, McDSP, Empirical Labs, AudioEase, Metric Halo, Cargo Cult, Wavearts, DUY, SPL, Elysia, Vertigo, Noveltech, Millennia, Cranesong, DMG and Sknote... to name a few, all make plugins that support AAX-DSP. I don't find any real lack of AAX-DSP plugins available...

Acustica stuff will always be quite impractical due to its use of dynamic convolution. Waves abandoned DSP plugins for Pro Tools over a decade ago in favour of pedaling their own Soundgrid DSP platform.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:51 AM

The main reason to use hdx is for recording. Still heads and shoulders above native for recording. When mixing I don't use hdx plug-ins really. I'm still using hdx 3 for the headroom in a Mac pro 7.1. Just super solid work horse rig.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2022, 08:51 AM

you could try using AudioGridder - start the server on your own machine and use the plugin inside pro tools to host acoustica plugins, should be much better:

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?...t=audiogridder

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...dder+pro+tools