Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-19-2001, 10:30 PM

Default Unable to Open

I have recently upgraded fom PT 5.0.1 to 5.1.The system is a PTMIX system running on a Mac G4.Since the upgade I have had a number of problems opening sessions from the older version. This however is not consistent and some sessions open sometimes but not others.When trying to load a 5.0.1 session everything appears to be OK -the session boots up the DAE,locates and appears to load the audio files,the Pro tools menus appear at the top of the screen,then it suddenly crashes.When I check to see which programmes are still running ,the DAE is there but not Pro Tools.When I try to restart however I am told that the DAE is still being used.The session I really need(and have not been able to open at all) to be able to open is quite large(1.5gig) and I have tried copying it onto different drives but this has not solved the problem.Individual audio files from the session can be imported into 5.1 sessions but I really need to open the whole session.Any ideas please?
Old 06-20-2001, 05:40 AM
Avid

Default Re: Unable to Open

-It appears as if the session is corrupt. Use the File>Import Tracks feature in PT 5.1 to move the data into a new session file and see if you can get it to open.

Brent