Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-07-2012, 01:19 PM

Default Mbox2 Can only have 1 driver in device manager

Hi,

I have been troubleshooting my system for the past couple of days, my mac took a dive so im setting up my system on my PC. My mbox2 came up with an !, so i went in the device manager to manually install the driver update.

The problem: there is only one device displayed in the device manager labeled as Mbox2 in the Sound,Video,GameControllers drop down list. I expanded all the other lists but this is the only place where the Mbox2 is listed. So i can update the driver on this to either Mbox2 Audio or Midi driver(pro tools does not recognize my device either way), but i need the second device listing, which currently isnt displayed, for the additional driver.

Any ideas on trouble shooting this problem? Im running Windows 7 and pro tools 8.0.5 with Mbox2

Thanks in advance
Old 05-13-2012, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Mbox2 Can only have 1 driver in device manager

Im wondering if i need to update the firmware, anyone know if that will help? I think i read something somewhere that if you updated the firmware on mac, you need to revert to the PC firmware to have the Mbox2 work on PC.

Im not all to sure how to update/revert the firmware, if you think itll help would you mind listing the steps or pointing me in the direction.

Thanks