Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 04-27-2021, 03:39 AM

Default Renewed Support plan. Lost iLok license

Disregard

Seems it's just a bit slow. I can now access support. No iLok licence yet but I've activated a trial to get through the work for the day then I'll open a case.

I just activated a yearly support/upgrade plan for Pro Tools.

It states in my account that this is now active and will expire March 30th 2022 (I only just got paid so I've bought the upgrade in the grace period).

I now have no licences for Pro Tools on my iLok so I can't open Pro Tools. Nor can I start a case to contact Avid or call them on the phone so I'm left with deadlines and no way to open my sessions.

Absolutely no idea what to do here as I can't even talk to somebody from Avid about this.

Further info... when I click on start a case it just takes me to my account page and nothing happens.

Last edited by clancychris; 04-27-2021 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Renewed Support plan. Lost iLok license

Just to let you know, the paid support plan is only for web support (not phone support). Some genius thought that was a good idea.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 04-27-2021, 09:16 AM

The last time I was supposed to get phone support at a very specific time, that time came and went without the call. He called FIVE HOURS later. I asked what happened to the scheduled time: “I had a few errands to run.” Seriously? And some genius thought this was a good idea. Pretty lousy business model, Avid.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
Just to let you know, the paid support plan is only for web support (not phone support). Some genius thought that was a good idea.
The paid support plan for Pro Tools Standard includes Standard support, which is web only. Pro Tools Ultimate support plan includes ExpertPlus support which allows for unlimited phone support.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
The paid support plan for Pro Tools Standard includes Standard support, which is web only. Pro Tools Ultimate support plan includes ExpertPlus support which allows for unlimited phone support.
Yeah. I looked through the OP's previous posts where he was contemplating getting Protools HD and then Protools Ultimate. I never saw that he pulled the trigger so assumed he was still in vanilla Protools. In any case you are correct about the Standard support plan for Protools vanilla vs. ExpertPlus support plans for Protools Ultimate.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
Old 05-01-2021, 02:22 AM

Just updating the thread..

I never upgraded to Ultimate. I just don't need the features and extra cost each year so I'm on standard/native.

Avid weren't sure what happened regarding my issue. It seems like it took a while for my account to update and let me access support. I eventually managed to submit a support ticket and got an apology and a new licence on my iLok. Just seems like a random glitch.

Just glad I saw the trial option which I activated to get my days work done.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancychris View Post
I never upgraded to Ultimate. I just don't need the features and extra cost each year so I'm on standard/native.
Try not to confuse others with the term "native," as that term is normally associated with Protools HD Native which is a prior version of Protools Ultimate using an Avid PCIe card (without DSP) or Thunderbolt box (without DSP) that allows connection to HD I/O interfaces.

It is best to use the term Protools "standard" or "vanilla" vs. Protools "Ultimate" to differentiate the two levels since Avid no longer ties the platforms to hardware.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
Old 05-01-2021, 09:57 AM

Yes, and besides HDX all other systems are "native", regardless whether it is standard or ultimate license.

And because HDX and HDN require HD/Ultimate license, would be least confusion to specify hardware on those occasions; otherwise just safe to assume someone is using standard software, or ultimate without Avid hardware which is also limited to 32 i/o.