Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-22-2006, 06:56 AM

Default *****My Plugins Dont Work******

Does any1 know why when I open up my Pro Tools LE none of the plugins work, I have to hit quit because when I go to Authorize it says something about entering a serial, but I bought the M Box 2 from Sam Ash and I have no serial I really need these plugins is there a site that has some where I could download them free of charge...

Please Help This Up and Coming Musician
Old 11-22-2006, 07:07 AM

Default Re: *****My Plugins Dont Work******

I continue to have the same problems with my mbox 2 pro. It clearly states on the digidesign website that specific plugins are included and everytime I try to start LE i get the messages for plugins that lok like there supposed to be included.
An Admin replied to mine and another post with very similar replies that bascially state that these plugins are most likely not included and that if you read the getting started post you will see how to remove these plugins from start up and will not see the prompts again. I specifically asked if Bomb factory as stated on the site is included (one of the plugin prompts I continue to get) for free and I got no reply. Please let us know if you ever figure this out. I'm about ready to take mine back to Guitar Center for something that works.
Good-luck
Old 11-22-2006, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Does any1 know why when I open up my Pro Tools LE none of the plugins work, I have to hit quit because when I go to Authorize it says something about entering a serial
There is a common misconception for new users; not all of the plugins included on the CD come "bundled" with the software. As a matter of fact, the only plugins included with the software are installed with the Pro Tools installer. All of the other plugin installers on the disk would have to have been purchased separately, and it's why it's asking you for an authorization. The installers are included on the CD for the convenience of people who already own the plugins, so they don't have to go and download the updates.

Which plugins specifically are you having problems with?
Quote:
is there a site that has some where I could download them free of charge...
No.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 11-22-2006, 07:23 AM

These are the plugins that are included with the Basic Pro Tools install:
  • Bomb Factory BF76 Compressor
  • BF Essential Clip Remover
  • BF Essential Correlation Meter
  • BF Essential Meter Bridge
  • BF Essential Noise Meter
  • BF Essential Tuner
  • Funk Logic Mastererizer
  • 1-Band EQ
  • 4-Band EQ
  • Chorus
  • Click
  • Compressor
  • D-Verb™
  • D-Verb-AS
  • DC Offset Removal
  • DeEsser
  • Delay
  • DigiReWire
  • Dither
  • Duplicate
  • Dynamics II
  • Dynamics III
  • EQ II
  • EQ III
  • Expander-Gate
  • Extra-Long Delay
  • Flanger
  • Gain
  • Gate
  • Invert
  • Limiter
  • Long Delay
  • Medium Delay
  • Mod Delay II
  • Multi-Tap Delay
  • Normalize-Gain Change
  • Ping-Pong Delay
  • Pitch Shift
  • POWr Dither
  • Reverse-DC Removal
  • Signal Generator
  • Short Delay
  • Slap Delay
  • Time Comp-Exp-Pitch Shift
  • Trim
These are the plugins that are included in
the "Ignition Pack", which requires that you would have manually installed them, and includes instructions for activation:
  • Ableton Live Lite 4 Digidesign Edition
  • Propellerhead Software
  • Reason Adapted 3
  • FXpansion BFD Lite
  • IK Multimedia SampleTank 2 SE
  • IK Multimedia Amplitube LE
  • IK Multimedia T-RackS EQ
  • Celemony Melodyne uno essential
Those are all of the plugins that are included with the basic mbox setup. If you are receiving authorization prompts for any other plugin, you would have to purchase them to use them.

If you purchased the mbox factory bundle, the following licenses should be included on your ilok:
  • Moogerfooger Analog Delay
  • JOEMEEK SC2 Compressor
  • JOEMEEK VC5 Meequalizer
  • Maxim
  • Cosmonaut Voice

Those are the ONLY plugins that are included in the mbox factory bundle. The factory bundle disk includes installers for both factory bundles; the mbox and the 002/002r, but if you only purchased the mbox bundle, you only have licenses for the mbox bundle plugins. If you are receiving authorization prompts for any other plugin, you would have to purchase them to use them.

If you are receiving authorization prompts for plugins that are supposed to be on your ilok, then there is a problem with your ilok. Synchronize it with the ilok site to make sure the plugins that you expect to be on it are indeed there, and that your ilok is working properly.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Old 11-22-2006, 08:23 AM

Thats another thing I dont know if my mbox came with the ilok i never seen it at all...
Old 11-22-2006, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Thats another thing I dont know if my mbox came with the ilok i never seen it at all...
Only the factory bundle comes with the ilok. If yours didn't come with an ilok, then you do not have the factory bundle, you have the basic mbox setup, and you do not have licenses for the factory bundle plugins.

Again, what plugins specifically are you having problems with? We can tell you if they are included or not.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:47 AM

My box is blue and it has a sticker on it that says free inside ignition pack and it shows all the different plugins, and also on the side of my box it says 40 free plugins included so I should have them

I mean its too many to name I have problems with all of them, it shows stuff like cauosmic voice or something like that i forgot how to spell it lol Imma post a picture of the box and my mbox
Old 11-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Administrator

You have probably installed updates for otptional paid plug-in or other software that was not included with the particular product that you purchased. If you have installed other software, see the page linked from the iLok Authorization Info link on the right side of the Support section:
www.digidesign.com/support

Near the top on that page is a link to this page:
Pop-up Authorization Messages - Trial Licenses - Removing Optional Plug-Ins & Software
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=19348

The plug-in named Cosmonaut Voice is part of the Mbox Factory bundle (which costs approximately $100 more than the regular Mbox), but not the non-factory Mbox product. Read the instructions on that page about how to find exactly which plug-ins were included with your purchase in the Products section.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:56 AM

So why did they include all these discs, that are plugins and i installed them but they dont work
Old 11-22-2006, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I mean its too many to name I have problems with all of them, it shows stuff like cauosmic voice or something like that i forgot how to spell it lol
Read my post above again, man. Cosmonaut Voice is included with the factory bundle. If you don't have the ilok, then you don't have the factory bundle. You do not have the authorization for that plugin, and if you wish to use it, you must purchase it. If not, un-install the plugin.

Quote:
My box is blue and it has a sticker on it that says free inside ignition pack and it shows all the different plugins, and also on the side of my box it says 40 free plugins included so I should have them
I also listed those plugins above in my post. There are over 40 plugins included with the basic mbox/Pro Tools software, and the ignition pack plugins are included, but must be authorized separately using the instructions that are included.