Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2010, 08:46 AM

Default Recording Issue

I have pro tools essential and vocal studio, so I have an m-box and a pro tools usb Mic. When I want to run pro tools I have to unplug the rca cables of my speaker set up from the sound card on my computer and plug them into the m-box... extremely inconvenient.

Pro tools wont run when the m-box AND the usb Mic are plugged in at the same time but it will run if they are individually plugged in. Is this supposed to be happening? There is a headphone out on the Mic so I suppose that is so the person recording can hear themself/hear the music they are recording over. But how does the engineer at the computer hear what is going on? Do I have to unplug the Mic, close pro tools, plug in the m-box, and then restart the session every time I want to hear the recording playback? How are recording sessions set up? I know I don't want the playback playing through the speakers while the recording is taking place.... I just don't understand how a session is organized as far as hardware.