Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-23-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Start up Pro Tools and get Authorize Pop-Ups....

Hey guys I just purchased a MbOX 2 MINI and I have installed the Pro Tools software. However when I start up Pro Tools I get a box that pops up asking me to authorize Bomb Factory BF-2A, BF-3A - Cosmonaut Voice, Fair Child 660, 670 - Joemeek Compressor and just a whole bunch more.

So I went on to read the LE Factory v2 Read me pdf file.

In the pdf it says that MBOX users need to use the Mbox 2 Factory installer, which I did but it did nothing. Then it goes on to say that the Mbox comes with an iLok USB Smart key, well I did not get one of these...maybe because I have the mini?

But regardless I want to know how I can make those annoying pop ups asking me to authorize items since I am unable too.

Can anyone please help me???
Old 06-23-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Start up Pro Tools and get Authorize Pop-Ups....

Simply remove those plugs from the plug-ins folder, and they will cease to annoy you further.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:10 AM

Like M.Brane said, just remove them. As you didn't buy the Factory version of your Mbox, there is no iLok which would have the authorizations for this plugins on it. It is sometimes a little confusing, as Digidesign also includes installers of plugins and bundles you didn't buy. You just installed the wrong version including plugins you have no authorizations for.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:36 AM

I guess they're thinking that if you install the demo plugs you'll like 'em so much that you'll immediately go to the Digi store to order 'em up.

I wonder how many actually do that? I bet most LE users simply delete 'em.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:38 PM

I too learned this as well... I have a Mini and I didn't know what to do, then finally somebody told me that when the authorization came up for those plug ins, we weren't really suppoed to have them in the first place. The MBox mini only comes with a handful of plug ins that are free, and the rest are demos that you have to pay for in the long run. Not in a bad way, but they want you to try them all out and pay for them.

What I did was kept the Plug Ins Alias' folder open in the Digidesign folder and then loaded up ProTools, as each plug in asked for authorization I went into the folder and deleted it. One by one they were gone and no more authorization hang ups.

It worked.

hope this helps.

-Doug
Pro Tools 10.3.7 - 11.1.2
6GB RAM
Universal Audio Apollo Quad!!!
Eleven Rack
Focusrite Octopre MKII
Yamaha HS80s
Rockit RP5 Monitors w/ RP10 sub