Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-18-2007, 04:39 AM

Default High noise level on aux inputs with RTAS plugins

Just had a strange one where if I create an Aux input (which was being fed from a 192 analogue in), it's silent. Put a TDM plugin in the chain, it's silent. Put an RTAS plugin in and I get a not very clean noise signal - sort of interference-modulated white noise. On further checking this only seems to happen with analogue inputs (my 192 is 1 analogue card in, 1 analogue card out and 2 digital cards). It seems to be repeatable - so far.

This is strange because I noticed recently with my upgrade from G5 to Intel MacPro that several of the Eq plugins I use as AudioSuite were having slight alias type effects when auditioning but when processed were ok. I'd notice it particularly if I swept an LP filter around. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pete