Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2013, 12:37 PM

Default PTIEP and AAX

This is getting more confusing by the minute. One place says AAX is coming for the PTIEP for PT11. On the AIR website community back in April AIR responded to a question about AAX conversion and said this:
Quote:
We've already delivered AAX versions of the instruments and effects in the Creative Collection to be included in Pro Tools … Strike, Structure, Velvet, Hybrid and Transfuser for AAX as well. No release date on when they will be available, as soon as we have a better idea we'll let you know. Many thanks
I take that to mean the AAX versions for the complete PTIEP is available. But if so, WHERE? I've been looking for an hour and can't find it. Others on here say "its coming"? Which is it? With all the posts out there its really hard to know who has the right information and who doesn't. This is not a reflection on anyone here. Its just we need the correct and accurate information as to 1. Which companies have the AAX ready right now and 2. The exact webpage we have to go to get them for whatever plugins we have. This is not only for PTIEP and AIR but for ANY 3rd party plug-ins as well.

I assume this list at AVID is up to date? But on this forum other companies such as Waves are mentioned as having AAX ready...but Waves isn't on the AVID list. Is there one up to date accurate source on this?

Its confusion all the way here! I'm afraid to make the upgrade (even though I bought it and downloaded the installers last night!)

Old 06-23-2013, 12:41 PM

Default Re: PTIEP and AAX

None of the PTIEP is available YET for PT 11 on windows.

There are some threads going in here. The list though is rather small for 11.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 06-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
This is getting more confusing by the minute. One place says AAX is coming for the PTIEP for PT11...

I take that to mean the AAX versions for the complete PTIEP is available. But if so, WHERE? I've been looking for an hour and can't find it. Others on here say "its coming"? Which is it?
The AIR Creative Collection free plug-ins have been updated to AAX, and included with all Pro Tools 11 installations (separate download from the same place you get your Pro Tools 11 installer).

These individual AIR paid plug-ins are NOT yet AAX, but will be:
  • Hybrid
  • Strike
  • Structure
  • Transfuser
  • Velvet
All 5 of those were also included in the Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack (PTIEP)

For more, see this Knowledge Base article on the AIR Music Technology website:
Pro Tools 11 and AAX Plug-in Support FAQ
Quote:
What about the AIR instruments and effects that were included in Pro Tools 9 and 10, are those gone or what?

The AIR instruments and effects that have been included with Pro Tools in the past (known as the "Creative Collection") have been updated to AAX and will be included in Pro Tools 11.
So what about the 5 plugs that were not free, sold either individually, included in a promotion or toolkit, or all 5 in the PTIEP?
The AIR Users Blog, who have always been on top of the AIR plug-ins, had this to say yesterday:
AIR Give Sneak Peek Of New PTIEP Instruments
Quote:
It is our understanding that there will be two versions will be shipping shortly, a version that is FREE and offers 64 bit AAX compatibility and also a version 2 set that offers new features as well as AAX compatibility, the second will be a paid upgrade.
That would suggest (but not confirmed) free updates for the the 5 plug-ins in the original Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack, and paid upgrades from those to the new v2.0 AIR Instrument Expansion Pack.

Neither is available as of today, but you can sign up to be notified when they are available here:
AIR Instrument Expansion Pack
Old 06-23-2013, 02:27 PM

Bruce - THANK YOU!!!! That was the clear explanation I needed. As a side note, I'm a little bit miffed at AIR for NOT being ready with the PTIEP on time. I mean as closely connected to AVID as they are, and with as many users of PTIEP or some combo of those 5 VI's, you'd think they'd have been ready on day 1! Oh well. I'm not installing my upgrade to 11 until those are ready...PTIEP is 1/2 of what I use on nearly every project!

Now if we can get Waves IR, IK Multimedia's CSR and a couple others on board, I'll be happy than a mole in soft dirt!

Old 06-23-2013, 02:32 PM

some info on the version 2 instruments
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...in-detail.html
Old 06-23-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I'm a little bit miffed at AIR for NOT being ready with the PTIEP on time. I mean as closely connected to AVID as they are,

not so much scene Avid sold that division off last year

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 06-24-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
not so much scene Avid sold that division off last year
I realize that, but still there's a close connection and, frankly, they should have made it priority to be ready on day 1. But, that's neither here nor there. It is what it is!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I realize that, but still there's a close connection and, frankly, they should have made it priority to be ready on day 1. But, that's neither here nor there. It is what it is!
If you think there's any "close connection" left between Avid & AIR, other than AIR maybe knowing about Avid's AAX SDK changes, all you need to do is look no further than Pro Tools Expert blog: IEP 1.0 (and 2.0) won't have the ability to drag audio from the timline into AIR's samplers. That looks to me like a company that's not super duper close to Avid anymore, and now they're on equal footing with NI and others. And if you count sampled content, well Komplete 9 kind of beats it, unless 2.0 ends up being just amazing. Who knows...

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."
Old 06-24-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserpathos View Post
If you think there's any "close connection" left between Avid & AIR, other than AIR maybe knowing about Avid's AAX SDK changes, all you need to do is look no further than Pro Tools Expert blog: IEP 1.0 (and 2.0) won't have the ability to drag audio from the timline into AIR's samplers. That looks to me like a company that's not super duper close to Avid anymore, and now they're on equal footing with NI and others. And if you count sampled content, well Komplete 9 kind of beats it, unless 2.0 ends up being just amazing. Who knows...
I don't know what you mean you can't drag audio into their samplers. Do you mean Structure, for example? I do it all the time...just did a week ago as a matter of fact. So not sure what you mean by that.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:25 AM

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...p-from-pr.html

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."