Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2011, 09:16 AM

Question PT 9 Export Track Issue

Hello, I have an iMAC, 2.66ghz, 2g Ram, PT 9, M-Audio Firewire 1814.

I'm having the darndest time exporting tracks. I will record tracks, edit the regions, consolidate, and then export. What happens is I get many oddly named audio files, most of which are extremely small-sized files, and only one of those files is the full exported track. The rest are small clips of that track and are completely useless. Why do I export a consolidated track and end up with up to 10 useless small tracks I have to sort through until I find the exact audio file that has all recorded material?

Thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 AM

Default Re: PT 9 Export Track Issue

It sounds like you might be selecting everything in the Regions list when you export. Select only the consolidated regions. Once all tracks are consolidated, that can be done quickly by opening the Regions bin, clicking in a ruler in the Edit Window, then typing the Select All command (Cmnd-A). Then use the Export Regions as Files command in the Regions Bin menu (Shift-Cmnd-K). This is needed because consolidating doesn't delete the files that existed prior to consolidation, it just adds the consolidated files to the session. The exported files will have the same name as the regions have in the session. You can rename them in the session by selecting them and typing Shift-Cmnd-R.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB