Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-29-2006, 08:45 AM

Default Re: waves ver 4 authorisaation from old laptop adv

Hi Ed,

I'm just trying to help your situation so don't be offended if i haven't got this right!

quote}
But now they write:
"The system will not allow iLok authorization with out a valid WUP.
However, Waves Sales can examine each case and help with exceptions cases."

I understand this to say, the system won't automatically be able to update you to ilok because without wup you won't be able to get into your Waves account to be able do this!? hence, you will have to speak to a Waves support person! a real person? flesh and blood!!!

So now you are calling Waves support, so you are asking if you can move your waves onto ilok or re-auth them onto a new computer. Is their respone over the phone a definate no?

From what i'm understanding is, you can re-auth your original purchases and move onto ilok.
Or are you being blankely refused ilok auth on your existing products?

On a brighter note, We should be at least gratefull that the company is still here and supporting the latest and greatest computers and programs! Personally i think the days of pre set bundles are over, there's way to many plugs to choose from now and no one wants to use just one company product for every job, we all want to cherry pick the best for our needs, so why not let us choose our own set bundle with bigger discounts the more you buy.

Keep it constructive

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:52 AM

Yes- I was completely denied in my request to move V4 from my G4 to a ilok authorization. First by tech support, and after a long drawn out conversation with them I was refered to the Internal Sales/Customer Support Manager, who didnt really even want to discuss the situation with me. I was out of WUP and I was out of luck. I believe they wanted over $500 from me. Fortunately I found I had unregistered waves plugins from the massive pack and when I registered them, the Wup price came down a bit. So, I had to bite the bullet and pay them, because I had to finish a long standing project that I started when I relied on Waves more than I do now.

So to answer your question a little bit clearer, I was absolutely told by a flesh and blood person (more than one) that I was out of luck, and they would instantly go into a sales pitch on upgrading and getting this and that. To which I would always reply I dont want anything, just what I paid for to work.

I think I chased Waves out of this thread, but I would love for them to come back and explain to anyone who is interested what the difference is and why I was turned away while you were succesful. I guess you got thru to the right person.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:28 AM

I too talked with Waves Customer Support at one time and they flat refused to grant ilok authorization for my bundles if I did not have a current WUP. Maybe they lightened up on this policy, but this is the first thread I've seen on any bending of their previously firm stance.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:31 PM

The latest "DIFINITIVE" statement from Waves regarding WUP and ilok re-authorizations:

Quote:
"In case a HD authorization failed and a user needs to reauthorize with no valid WUP he can contact our sales office at 865 9099200 ext 2 for assistance.
It is up to our sales office to handle these cases. "
Do you think their English is just lacking