Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-06-2020, 12:55 PM

Default Will Avid Control work on a laptop?

Will Avid Control work on a laptop, or is it limited to tablets & phones?
Old 07-06-2020, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Will Avid Control work on a laptop?

I think it runs only on iOS (or iPadOS), Android, and the Amazon Fire OS
Old 07-06-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor4814 View Post
I think it runs only on iOS (or iPadOS), Android, and the Amazon Fire OS
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I was going to try it on a PC with touch screen, to see if I could find a way to avoid the Crashing Issue with Cubase/Nuendo.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:15 PM

It *might* on future Arm based Macs that will support running iOS and iPadOS apps on macOS... but that is a might, and Avid may need to explicitly allow it. Otherwise there is no other practical way today (app developers can run stuff in iOS emulators on current Intel Mac, you can't).
Old 07-07-2020, 04:37 AM

Heh Keyplayer G,

I have exactly the same problem running Cubase on Windows with Android OS on 4 tablets. I suspect it **might** be a Steinberg issue. I'm going to contact them and see if they can reproduce the issue. Saying that? it wouldn't surprise me if Avid know it's their fault but aren't rushing to fix it ...

Grado
Old 07-07-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamDWilliams View Post
Heh Keyplayer G,

I have exactly the same problem running Cubase on Windows with Android OS on 4 tablets. I suspect it **might** be a Steinberg issue. I'm going to contact them and see if they can reproduce the issue. Saying that? it wouldn't surprise me if Avid know it's their fault but aren't rushing to fix it ...

Grado
Yeah, good luck with that.
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vie...f=283&t=147640
😁😅😆😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old 07-07-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Heh Keyplayer G,

Grado
I would've switched to a 4 S1/Dock set up the moment it was released IF all of the new features worked. I was okay with a lot of that PT only limitations (New Owner? New Rules. I get that, even if I don't like it.) as long as ALL OF OUR STUFF CONTINUED TO WORK. But not having Bi-Directional ("Mirrored Mixing") following between the hardware and the software was outrageous. That is until this POISON PILL "Crashing Issue" showed up.

There is no way that it's a coincidence that EVERY DESIRED FEATURE, that would allow a non PT user to get over the lack of Bi-Directional linking, is located on the one page that causes instant crashing!

I have tried everything possible to find a way to make that app work with Nuendo. Avid has successfully BLOCKED every possible option and blamed it on Steinberg. But Steinberg doesn't make Logic and they've got the same or similar issues. So, the only conclusion left for one to make is the same as the only advice being offered from Avid to "solve the problem;" switch to Pro Tools or piss off.

So, I'll use the Artist Series gear, WITHOUT THE APP obviously, until a viable alternative presents itself.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Heh Keyplayer G,

I have exactly the same problem running Cubase on Windows with Android OS on 4 tablets. I suspect it **might** be a Steinberg issue................

Grado
So, you're running three S1's and a Dock WITH CUBASE?!!? How are you working with that crashing issue looming over your head? When it crashes Nuendo, it warns that my project might be corrupted. I couldn't stand the thought of working 8 hours and then accidentally touching that tracks tab and having all of my work trashed because of a crash.

THAT'S why I didn't make the switch. I literally can't work with the app. But if you're on the S1, you have to work with the app. So, are you using PT with the S1s or Cubase?
Old 07-09-2020, 02:42 AM

Hi,

I'm using Cubase 10.5. 3 S 1s and a Dock .... works really well except when I press the "Track" option. Instant crash but no warning about corrupt project files.

Grado