Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2019, 07:57 AM

Default What happend to the Primary Soft Keys Bar on Dock?

Installed latest Eucon and Avid Control and noticed that when the bottom most left switch (16 soft key switches at the top of the dock) is pressed nothing actually happens on the Control app, where before it would recall 16 primary soft keys to appear at the bottom of the app. It does appear now if in the preferences of the Control app the "Transport/Soft Keys bar: Off" is turned on, but in the previous version that was not necessary. I could not find any documentations about this changes. Is it a bug?
I can see only the lights turning on on the Dock but nothing in the app?

I think that if you have Dock then you don't really need another transport taking extra space in the app, unless you take the tablet/phone and walk away from it but that is where the preferences are handy so you can turn it on, but why would it be now connected with all the "soft keys bar" that we could control on that space and it worked beautifully by pressing that one switch and turning it on or off.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:03 AM
Avid

Default Re: What happend to the Primary Soft Keys Bar on Dock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedd View Post
Installed latest Eucon and Avid Control and noticed that when the bottom most left switch (16 soft key switches at the top of the dock) is pressed nothing actually happens on the Control app, where before it would recall 16 primary soft keys to appear at the bottom of the app. It does appear now if in the preferences of the Control app the "Transport/Soft Keys bar: Off" is turned on, but in the previous version that was not necessary. I could not find any documentations about this changes. Is it a bug?

I can see only the lights turning on on the Dock but nothing in the app?

I think that if you have Dock then you don't really need another transport taking extra space in the app, unless you take the tablet/phone and walk away from it but that is where the preferences are handy so you can turn it on, but why would it be now connected with all the "soft keys bar" that we could control on that space and it worked beautifully by pressing that one switch and turning it on or off.
As you discovered the pref turns them on or off giving back more room if not needed, with it on they should work just as before

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2019, 08:36 AM

But wasn't before possible to see those soft keys even without turning the prefs for the transport to on? Just by pressing that left bottom switch?
Old 12-20-2019, 08:48 AM
Avid

The pref is supposed to be on by default so it would behave like before. What platforms are you on for WS and Tablet?

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2019, 01:25 AM

I am on latest Mac OS Mojave and on iPad Pro 10.5” iOS 13.3
Old 12-21-2019, 06:43 AM

Thanks Eddie,
is there a way to downgrade Avid control to the previous version 19.12.0?
Old 12-23-2019, 04:05 AM

Having this issue also from the version before 2019.12 eucon.
It has also made the dock touch soft keys non operation for non protools software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2022, 02:56 PM

I am still currently experiencing this problem with my avid dock. Although I am using avid control on my iPhone im Not sure if that might be the culprit. Has anyone found. A solution? Avid dock soft keys button light but they wont show in the app. I would really appreciate it if someone can guide me