Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-29-2019, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools reinstatement plans axed from Jan 1st 2020

I will say again, the only thing worth reinstating my perpetual Ultimate license is to unblock the 32 I/O limit for standalone (no HDX, no HD Native). Although they have now issued an ultimatum and a deadline to me, I will just simply reiterate my request.

Avid, please give Ultimate customers 128 I/O or more in standalone (Core I/O and ASIO). All of your competitors allow at least this much I/O in their top-tier offering - my daily driver is Nuendo now and it has 256. Would love to come back, but I'm not going to pay for HD/HDX hardware in 2019 or beyond.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:48 AM

Is Avid still allowing a 30 day grace period to renew your support and upgrade plan?

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 11-29-2019, 11:09 AM

So when my plan expired it appeared to me that I was going to have to put up $99 for new plan and $99 for support.
Could be wrong.
If not, Sweetwater and AVID have reinstatement for $199 right now. Perpetual.
Basically same price without grace period, right?
I renewed. Maybe a sucker for 1 more year, maybe not.
They did get me to do it by advertising that there would only be reinstatements until they ran out.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:18 AM

Wow, a trigger-happy mod deleted my post in this thread calling this move from Avid pathetic and tone-deaf. Talk about pathetic and tone-deaf...

The thousands of dollars I have spent with Avid over the past 12 years of my professional career and this is the respect I get shown. Awesome. BTW, I am a paying customer on a Subcription for Pro Tools vanilla and I am seriously considering the deal on the reinstatement to bring my copy of HD to Ultimate before Jan 1st, so you will get the last laugh as always.

Get a grip. Your company is pissing off its ever-dwindling user-base. You want your fellow employees to see how annoyed everyone is. It's not over until the fat lady sings, I still have hope PT will get turned around at some point, whether by Avid or by another entity when Avid gets bored with playing games with the user-base or goes out of business.

I still very much appreciate the work the mods and support do on the DUC, I have come here a fair amount for help and we always figure it out. However, deleting reactions to this announcement from paying users is very, very sad.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Wow, a trigger-happy mod deleted my post in this thread calling this move from Avid pathetic and tone-deaf. Talk about pathetic and tone-deaf...

The thousands of dollars I have spent with Avid over the past 12 years of my professional career and this is the respect I get shown. Awesome. BTW, I am a paying customer on a Subcription for Pro Tools vanilla and I am seriously considering the deal on the reinstatement to bring my copy of HD to Ultimate before Jan 1st, so you will get the last laugh as always.

Get a grip. Your company is pissing off its ever-dwindling user-base. You want your fellow employees to see how annoyed everyone is. It's not over until the fat lady sings, I still have hope PT will get turned around at some point, whether by Avid or by another entity when Avid gets bored with playing games with the user-base or goes out of business.
If they deleted that, they will delete mine as well in the other thread. Sign of a sinking ship and a company deep in denial.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:46 AM

Still happily using PT11HD.

I stopped giving these robbers money years ago and they'll never get another cent while their logo has 'AVID' in it.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 11-29-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Not sure what has happened, but maybe it is time to review the forum rules..?
Old 11-29-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Not sure what has happened, but maybe it is time to review the forum rules..?
Sure, on your prompting, I just did. I can't see anything violated. My last post is still up, it contains the same content albeit with the addition of my personal background and more words. My guess is the deletion of the initial post was just the usual plugging the ears "lalalalala nothing to see" here kinda thing.

Respect is a two way street. Avid is not respecting its users or listening to them. The trust has been broken. I am being perfectly civil but straight up, real and to the point.

I do not envy your position JFreak. I hold no personal grudge against you or the moderation staff. I am a frustrated user who enjoys using Pro Tools professionally and who does not appreciate being backed into a corner by a company who over-promises, under-delivers and ignores its users.

I had a show-stopping bug that affected my deadlines earlier this year. I was overseas in the field (literally a field) with very limited internet access and encountered the rare bug in which a Vanilla PT session became corrupt and was only openable by a copy of Ultimate. Luckily I was able to find an internet cafe a day or two later and troubleshot the problem with Avid support, but this put me days behind on one song in a project. What exactly are we paying the subscription for if it isn't stable software? Granted, the bug was fixed in the next version but seriously...

edit: Will also be fascinating to see how long it takes to have PT certified on Catalina. I don't envy Avid's position there either, I dislike this yearly OS update cycle. However, it's the reality that it took the best part of a year to get Mojave certified, and new Macs are sold out the door with the latest OS. Again, what are people paying the sub for??

I'm honestly truly sorry to say: y'all have lost it.

Someone made the point about the carrot and the stick and how we're just getting the stick. Spot on.

Last edited by Teej; 11-30-2019 at 01:59 AM. Reason: off-topic crap removed.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:55 PM

Hi all,

Haven't been on these forums in about eight years, but have been using PT 10.3.10, and recently switched to PT 11.3.2, with a perpetual 10/11 iLok license.

Given what I've been reading in this thread about the end of reinstatement after December 31, 2019, can someone please outline my upgrade path to the latest version of a PT perpetual license before and after this date?
Old 11-29-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtech View Post
Hi all,

Haven't been on these forums in about eight years, but have been using PT 10.3.10, and recently switched to PT 11.3.2, with a perpetual 10/11 iLok license.

Given what I've been reading in this thread about the end of reinstatement after December 31, 2019, can someone please outline my upgrade path to the latest version of a PT perpetual license before and after this date?
Before: "reinstate" for $299 regular price.

After: only option for latest version with perpetual license will be to buy new. $599 regular price (for now). You could then keep current for $199/yr.

Most places have both options on sale right now.

Last edited by moshuajusic; 11-29-2019 at 04:57 PM.