Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2003, 02:23 PM

Default C24 problem URGENT REQUEST!!!! DIGI, PLEASE

Bought C24 half a year ago, till 2 weeks ago it worked wonderful.
Suddenly while normal working, all lights on the whole C24 are flashing up and keep on flashing. The only way to stop it is to eighter restart C24 or to beat the back of C24 quite hardly. Sometimes it does the same directly after the restart, sometimes it stays fine for a whole day. But it starts to happen more and more.
Now I'm propably one of the first who uses the C24 in real live concerts, doing the FOH, monitoring and recording the same time. I'm right now on tour with a classical orchestra together with a solo singer/guitarist.
My problem now is that the next concert is on Sunday next, a double concert, 2 times sold out 1200 people each.
Please, I really need an urgent diagnosis what that failure causes and how to solve that problem till Saturday night latest.
Again, Digi please help me urgently, I will need your first class service now.

My full contact is:
TONKULTUR.CH GMBH
Patrick Mueller
9000 St. Gallen
Switzerland
phone 24hours: 0041794174701
mail 24hours: [email protected]

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Patrick

Old 12-07-2003, 04:28 PM

Default Re: C24 problem URGENT REQUEST!!!! DIGI, PLEASE

Check you C|24 Power supply revision. When looking at the back of the c|24 behind the monitor section, if the supply bulges out a bit then you have an older revision supply. The newer supply is lower profile and does not stick out at all. If you have an older supply get it swapped out, I had similar problems with my older supply.

Best of Luck,
Tim
Old 12-08-2003, 06:57 AM

Hi Tim
thanks for wishing me luck, and it helped, 2400 people where happy with the live sound, the artists where happy with the monitoring and I'm already working on the mix of the multitrack recordings! Unfortunately no answer from Digi........
Straight after opening that post, I fully opened C24, dis- and reconnected every possible plug.
Since there, C24 surprisingly works fine again. Let's wait ......
You mentioned the power supply, where I believe I already own the new one. My C24 is a refurbished one. Does that mean anything?
If there is anybody out there who uses PT in a similar way then I do, it would be a pleasure to talk about the advatages and disadvantages.
Best
Patrick

Old 12-10-2003, 07:48 PM

Quote:

You mentioned the power supply, where I believe I already own the new one. My C24 is a refurbished one. Does that mean anything?
Look on the left rear of the C24. If there is a 6 inch square 1/2 inch thick heat-sick sticking out, then this is the OLD power supply. The new switching PS does not use an external heat-sink. It also does not use a large toroidal transformer, but you can't see that without opening it up.

I believe some early refurbished units may not have had the switching PS installed.

Cheers,
Chris
Control 24 - 96io - 1622
OSX 10.6.8 - PTHD 10.3.10
Old 12-16-2003, 04:11 AM

Thanks Chris,
seems to be the new one.
In the meanwhile I did two other shows and it worked out well, without any problems.

Is there no one who uses PTHD with C24 as FOH live setup?

I wonder if there is a solution for my main PlugIn access problem.?
With pressing the EQ button on a C24 channel strip, I directly after have to press SHOW VALUES as well, to show up the values I need. Is there any shortcut I don't know to save time for EQ access?
As standard, I work with Waves REQ4.

Any Ideas?

Cheers
Patrick