Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-23-2009, 05:33 AM

Default Installation problem

My Pro Tools 8.0 LE could not complete its installation following the steps from the Setup Guide.

Case 1:
Happens at the first time or after I have uninstalled and completely removed all Digidesign programs and files. After several "Continue Anyway" Windows dialogs the installation bar stops at the 5th block (Installing C:\...\Documentation\Pro Tools\Pro Tools Reference Guide.pdf) and an error message appears as follow:

Feature Transfer Error
Feature: Documentation
Component : Documentation - Pro Tools
File : D:\PROTOO~6\data2.cab
Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

Then click 'OK', the InstallShield Wizard does not change any.2 or 3 windows bounce in and out and an 'Initialization Error' dialog appear.

"This software requires installation of device driver TPkd and a reboot before running. Please reboot or reinstall the software."

Then the installShield Wizard shuts automatically.

Case 2:
Happens when I reboot and reinstall or reinstall the Pro Tools straightaway. No 'Continue Anyway' dialogs appear and the installation progress stops at the 4th block, with another rectangular saying that the device something is being installed.

My computer spec:
MBox 2 Mini, Pro Tools LE 8.0
Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3
AMD Athron II X 4 620
2.61 GHz, 3.61GB RAM
Using a SATA 1.5TB Seagate Hard Disk
Purchased a month ago

Thank you very much, I'm really confused and nobody I know have the same problem. I really don't know what to do or what else I can do. ^^
Old 12-23-2009, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Installation problem

Use the PT Nuke program or the uninstaller that comes with 8 to remove Pro Tools and reboot. Then go through and remove anything else you can find related to Digidesign and reboot. Download, install and run the latest CCleaner to clean up your Registry and reboot. (Please do make a backup just in case.)

Follow to the letter the instructions for installing in the Getting Started Guide.

TPkd is the PACE Driver. If Pro Tools doesn't install the PACE Driver during installation - it should and usually does - download the latest PACE Driver and install it after installing 8.0. Check your Add/Remove Programs list first to be sure the PACE Driver isn't there. If it is, but it's an older version, uninstall it, reboot, install the latest PACE Driver and reboot.

Merry Christmas!
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 12-24-2009, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Installation problem

Thank you Bruce.

The problem is solved by installing the Pro Tools on a new SP3 using another installation disc from one of my friend, surely he did not have problem I had, having tried for a several times as the USB light of the Mbox 2 Mini does not always on. The process no longer halt at installing the "reference.pdf" abovementioned, and finally I am going to have a merry christmas worrying the plugins problems (iLok etc.).

Merry Christmas to you too ^^