Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 07-16-2022, 12:09 PM

Default How to I get my authorizations back?

ON my primary account, I had 3 activations of PT first but I forgot to deactivate before selling the computers they were on.

I can access all of my cloud sessions from the full version of pro tools but I would like to be able to have those activations back to have installed on additional systems without having to risk losing my iLok key.

I tried submitting an support request but that went nowhere.
Old 07-17-2022, 06:01 PM

Default Re: How to I get my authorizations back?

That's like "I forgot my diamond ring and vital machine on the countertop but I sold the house"

Clearly the solution is going back to the house and asking who you sold it to if they saw anything....and can deactivate your authorization.

It's also like they might have simply formatted the machine, like turning the diamond (carbon) to ash (carbon), effectively.

Asking a support team to give you a new diamond and letting someone else take and sell or just wear the other diamond you lost sounds like what they mean by "intellectual property" (IP) and "authorizations".

There is recourse in support, with varied insurance etc, but if that computer was formatted, cannot be accessed, and the authorization not properly removed, it is their faith potentially to be scammed in similar situations by the dishonest.

(I don't for a second assume you're dishonest, but the situation is 100% what an IP scammer might pull. The policy says to do it properly by following policy.)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //