How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 09-19-2022, 10:31 AM

Default Re: iZotope RX10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lyon View Post
Hello, any issues with MIDI in your setup? Auto save is "borked"... that's not good. I have a similar specced 2012 Mac running PT2021.6 fairly smooth on 10.13.6. Afraid to change OS or PT version, "don't fix if it isn't broken".
No issues with MIDI then again I don't use MIDI for anything other than note input. From what I've read it's not just autosave that's borked but some people have had issues doing manual save to the point they couldn't do that either and that's a disaster

QAPLA!
Old 09-20-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
No issues with MIDI then again I don't use MIDI for anything other than note input. From what I've read it's not just autosave that's borked but some people have had issues doing manual save to the point they couldn't do that either and that's a disaster
Good to know, thanks. Are you still on PT 2019.6?
Old 09-20-2022, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Good to know, thanks. Are you still on PT 2019.6?
No although I still have it installed. Been using PT 2021.6 on OSX 10.13.6. Actually I also still have installed PT 2020.12 and PT 2021.3.1 That way I can go back if I start having problems. Or to try and help people with customizing the colors in the earlier versions before Avid came out with the ability to do so right in PT. Actually I have mods that Avid still haven't done like having the background color red on insert slots that are disabled and changing the color on the title bars for the mix and edit screens as well as plugin gui's.

QAPLA!
Old 09-21-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
No although I still have it installed. Been using PT 2021.6 on OSX 10.13.6. Actually I also still have installed PT 2020.12 and PT 2021.3.1 That way I can go back if I start having problems. Or to try and help people with customizing the colors in the earlier versions before Avid came out with the ability to do so right in PT. Actually I have mods that Avid still haven't done like having the background color red on insert slots that are disabled and changing the color on the title bars for the mix and edit screens as well as plugin gui's.
I am also using PT 2021.6 on OS 10.13.6, on Mac Pro 5,1

Do you see any compelling reason to upgrade to 2021.7, 2021.10, or 2021.12?
They should also work on OS 10.13.6.

Not so sure about 2022.x versions, I have read they are buggy with MIDI implementation issues and, as discussed, the auto-save being borked on 2022.6
Old 09-21-2022, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I am also using PT 2021.6 on OS 10.13.6, on Mac Pro 5,1

Do you see any compelling reason to upgrade to 2021.7, 2021.10, or 2021.12?
They should also work on OS 10.13.6.

Not so sure about 2022.x versions, I have read they are buggy with MIDI implementation issues and, as discussed, the auto-save being borked on 2022.6
I can't answer your question as my support/upgrade plan ran out not too soon after 2021.6 dropped. So any interest I may have had in those would have been a waste of my time. Windows users are also having issue with PT autosave.

QAPLA!
Old 03-27-2024, 09:52 PM

In RX10, does anyone know how to batch process multiple files with slightly different settings? Is it even possible?

I have a track at 102bpm. It's way too slow, but I don't know exactly how much faster I'd like it to be. I'd like to either take the one track or take 8 copies of the one track and automatically have RX time-shift them to fit one different tempo each. That is, have the single copy automatically churn out a 103bpm, a 104bpm, a 105, a 106bpm, a 107bpm, a 108bpm, and 109bpm, a 110bpm version; or have 8 copies each turn into one of the aforementioned bpm's.

Doing it manually means me sitting there for each of those and all the button clicks that come with it, which takes a lot more time than one may think. I don't have the time to wait for someone to answer these questions right now, so I will do it manually this time, but it'd be extremely helpful to know if this is possible and how so that in the future I can save a lot of time.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut_Head View Post
In RX10, does anyone know how to batch process multiple files with slightly different settings? Is it even possible?

I have a track at 102bpm. It's way too slow, but I don't know exactly how much faster I'd like it to be. I'd like to either take the one track or take 8 copies of the one track and automatically have RX time-shift them to fit one different tempo each. That is, have the single copy automatically churn out a 103bpm, a 104bpm, a 105, a 106bpm, a 107bpm, a 108bpm, and 109bpm, a 110bpm version; or have 8 copies each turn into one of the aforementioned bpm's.

Doing it manually means me sitting there for each of those and all the button clicks that come with it, which takes a lot more time than one may think. I don't have the time to wait for someone to answer these questions right now, so I will do it manually this time, but it'd be extremely helpful to know if this is possible and how so that in the future I can save a lot of time.
It is not possible.
Batch processing is batch processing -- not logical processing. It applies only a set preset (or preset chain.) You can't set up changes or incremental.

But also what you are trying to do seems a really flawed use of RX10. Figure out the tempo through any other means (elastic audio can be used for this and you can actively change it on groups of files.) Then, once you've found the tempo, if you like RX's processing, you can apply and create the files in RX.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
It is not possible.
Batch processing is batch processing -- not logical processing. It applies only a set preset (or preset chain.) You can't set up changes or incremental.

But also what you are trying to do seems a really flawed use of RX10. Figure out the tempo through any other means (elastic audio can be used for this and you can actively change it on groups of files.) Then, once you've found the tempo, if you like RX's processing, you can apply and create the files in RX.
Thanks for the insight. What a shame. Hopefully one day (and hopefully they start actually making these single-version-upgrades worth it.

And I've done the method you described before, but I like RX's use more. I think something under the hood makes Izotope sound more transparent. In fact, this is an old session that I just dug up, and the first tactic I used ack then was elastic audio on some tracks within the mix. I have never been happy with those results, but maybe that's user error. But those results back then were part of why I bought RX and found better success.
Maybe I'm just ignorant to some of its capabilities, but when you say "groups of files," I assume you mean tracks within a session, maybe? Because I don't see how Elastic Audio can do what I need all in one go. So if you mean tracks within a session, I don't want that because FX I use like delay and compression would stay with the old tempo. Time-shifting the entire mix keeps these things tight. Then again, maybe that's not what you mean
Old 03-28-2024, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut_Head View Post
So if you mean tracks within a session, I don't want that because FX I use like delay and compression would stay with the old tempo. Time-shifting the entire mix keeps these things tight. Then again, maybe that's not what you mean
Make sure your tempo ruler is set correct for your current audio tempo. Flip all the tracks you want to change tempo to both "tick based" and "elastic audio" (for elastic audio, don't choose X-form unless you want lots of wait time between adjustments.) Then manipulate the tempo ruler for the bars. The audio will follow that tempo adjustment (and shrink/grow with anything following moving appropriately.)

If your EFX are baked into the track, they will follow. If your EFX are plugin inserts, make sure they are set to follow the tempo ruler (almost all delays, etc can follow the tempo either directly or as subdivided beats.) Everything stays in sync.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:24 AM

To Speed Up Or Slow Down Audio in Pro Tools using Time Compression or Elastic Audio TCE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYH5nCQavco
(If I correctly understood what you want to do)