Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2002, 08:42 PM

Default DAE error -7450

I downloaded some H-DAS plugins recently (Auto-Pan, Low-Pass Filter, and Ring Modulator). The LPF and RM work fine, but whenever I try to use the Auto panner, it says "DAE error -7450". What is this and how can I fix it?

Thanks,
Zev
Old 06-18-2002, 09:14 AM

Default Re: DAE error -7450

To find out about DAE error codes, click on the "Search the Answerbase" link at the top of this page & simply type in the number.
I'm guessing that you're trying to instantiate a stereo plug-in on an audio track in PT Free (which, unlike other LE/TDM ver. of PT are mono-only).
Try creating a stereo AuxIn, assign your audio track output(s) to the same stereo bus you've selected as the AuxIn's input source, & instantiate the Auto-Pan plug-in on this Aux instead.
Old 06-23-2002, 11:36 PM

Pardon my ignorance (I'm a newbie), but about stereo aux ins and busses and such, 1)What does that mean? and 2)How do I do that?

Thanks,
Zev
Old 06-23-2002, 11:41 PM

Also (and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it), RTAS stereo delays seem to work fine.

Thanks again,
Zev
Old 06-24-2002, 10:35 AM

You're presumably talking about placing "mono/stereo" delays on your mono audio tracks. "mono/stereo" means that from that insert point forward, the signal path for that channel's mono input source (in this case, your recorded audio file playing from disk) is split into stereo (& any add'l Inserts you place further along in that channel's signal path) will also necessarily be stereo. (That's why the level meter for your audio trk turns stereo as soon as you insert the mono/stereo delay you're talking about.)

An Aux In is just another class of track that you can create, which can be either mono or stereo. It's basically like an audio trk, except that it cannot record. Aux Ins can only monitor whatever physical input (or Pro Tools mixing bus) that you designate in their Input Selector. So for example if you create an AuxIn, assign bus pair 1-2 as its input, & assign the output of your audio track to bus pair 1-2, the output of the audio track will pass through the AuxIn (instead of directly to the L-R output of your Mac) & whatever Inserts & automation that AuxIn has.

Try doing that, & inserting the AutoPan on this stereo Aux In through which the output of your audio track is now passing. I'm not familiar with the auto-pan plug-in you're talking about, but it's possible that it has to be placed on a track (AuxIn or audio track) that is already stereo, being unable to the mono>stereo splitting thing. Worth a try. (If the Aux In thing confuses you, first you need to spend some time reading the PT Ref. Guide PDF doc (!), but alternatively I suppose you could also could place the mono/stereo delay you mentioned on your audio track, set the delay to 100% "dry", & then place the auto-pan in the following Insert point on the track. Kind of a silly way to do it, but it would work.)

The last possibility may be that for some reason the auto-pan doesn't work in PT Free - there are cases of RTAS plug-ins that won't - but try the AuxIn thing first.
Old 07-05-2002, 02:19 PM

Thanks for the help!
Although I have yet to reboot my computer in OS9 to see if it works, I hope it will, and now I know what Aux tracks are (roughly).
Thanks again,
Zev