Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-05-2009, 03:55 PM

Default ReWire Reason 4 & ProTools LE 8 Tempo Not Right

Im having a little problem that I can't figure out how to fix. I am using both Reason 4 & ProTools LE 8, the problem that I am running into is the tempo. I create a drum with Reason using ReDrum, then I ReWire it into ProTools, I set the tempo at 96, so both Reason and ProTools are at a tempo of 96, so I ReWire the drum into ProTools and I set it up as an audio track to record the drum I made with ReDrum into ProTools, now I click on the run button in ReDrum and the tempo everything sounds fine, but when I starting recording the drum into ProTools the drum sounds like it's at a tempo of 20, real slow, but I looked again at both tempos both ProTools and Reason and there both set at 96. Does anyone know how to fix this? It didn't do this before and I don't know what happened.

Thanks
Old 02-05-2009, 04:10 PM

Default Re: ReWire Reason 4 & ProTools LE 8 Tempo Not Right

Pro Tools has a half-speed recording feature - if you hold down shift when you press ctrl-spacebar to record. Make sure you are not doing that accidentally...
Old 02-05-2009, 11:10 PM

There's another possible solution I can think of. In Reason, go to edit>change events, check if there is scale tempo... I think it might be that, because you said the sound from reason appears slower. Hope you will fix it
Old 02-06-2009, 02:39 PM

No I'm still having the same problem, I go into ProTools LE 8 I click insert, multichannel plug-in, Instrument, then Reason 4. I load Reason 4 then ReDrum. I create a drum loop with ReDrum, after I click the run button in ReDrum, tempo's fine, I ereate a new stereo audio track and set it's input to 1-2 Bus, then I set the output of the instrument track's output which is Reason to 1-2 Bus. I set record enable and I start recording the drum into ProTools as an audio track, but as it's recording the tempo of the drum is very slow.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:22 PM

When you hit the preview button in Redrum, are you sure it is playing back at the right tempo? What happens in ProTools when you play the session, but don't record? Does it still play in the wrong tempo?

I would suggest starting a new Reason file, but not changing the tempo in Reason from the default. Instead, only set your tempo in Protools. Does that solve the issue?

When you say it plays back slowly, does it still play back in the correct pitch, or is it playing back at a lower pitch? How about after you record, when you then play back the session?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:52 PM

When I play click the run button in Redrum the tempo is for sure correct. When I play the Drum through ProTools without record I can't hear the drum without recording it into ProTools first, however, when I try to play the drum in ProTools without record I can't hear it but I can see activity through the mixer and it looks like the color on the mixer doesn't move up or down correctly, it movies up and down slow as if the tempo is slow. I always start protools first and adjusting the tempo in protools, still having problems, when it plays back slowly is stays in the correct pitch. When I record the drum into ProTools the drum playsback slow but stays at the correct pitch.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:02 PM

when hitting play in reason it is playing it at the internal tempo of reason, when your recording through pro tools it is now slaving to pro tools. you need to set the tempo in pro tools to what you would like it to be (the same as reason). this would be my guess. check out the tempo editor or set it manually. these would be the easiest, though many ways to do it.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 02-07-2009, 05:00 PM

Yes, when I hit the play button in Reason it is playing at the internal tempo of Reason. It has always been slaving into ProTools LE 8. I have always been setting the tempo in Protools to what I liked it to be the same as Reason. I never had this problem before, before I did this everything worked fine. I can't figure out whats going on.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:25 PM

I just notice something when I click the play button in ProTools the tempo isn't correct. I set the tempo at 96 in ProTools and it's playing at I don't know sounds life 20 maybe 30.