Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2022, 11:46 AM

Default iZotope RX 8&9 PT crashes

Hey there-In the throws of learning PT, and when I try to apply any RX8 or 9 de-noise plug ins to my vocal input track, the software immediately crashes. Any words of wisdom here? I'm sure it's something dumb, but I have had no issues with these plug-ins in other D.A.W.S, so I'm guessing it's a new user error here. Thanks-Sean
Old 08-07-2022, 01:27 PM

Default Re: iZotope RX 8&9 PT crashes

Hi there,

I just tried setting up an audio input with my iMac microphone.

I put on RX9 Voice De-Noise as an insert plug-in onto that track.

The plug-in opened perfectly. I had no PT crash at all. Something is peculiar to your system or setup, and at least the issue is not for everyone.

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050
"Help Us Help You"
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 08-07-2022, 01:38 PM

thanks for your response. I appreciate you checking it out. Will keep experimenting. Sean
Old 08-07-2022, 03:48 PM

I think you'd need to post more about your system specs before we can dive in more deeply, but I'll say that just seeing "izotope" makes me cringe. They've been flaky for me for a while. RX, yes, but also their installation app and several other things related to the company over the past couple years. For these reasons, I don't use them unless I have to. All that is to suggest that you're not alone when it comes to izotope weirdness, though I hope yours is easily explained and fixed.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:30 AM

Thank you for the response. My system info below, but good to know it's not just me having these issues.

Mac mini M1 2020 16Gb Memory- 500GB Storage, 2TB back up storage, Big Sur, Pro Tools 2021.7.0, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2