Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2010, 02:44 PM

Default Midi Problem - Notes being recorded in 2 octaves

hello, i have encountered a problem with my midi recently where it's recording midi notes in 2 neighboring octaves at the same time. But it doesn't play both octaves, it just plays the one that i played on the keyboard. Despite my best efforts i can not get it back to normal. I've tried disconnecting all usb controllers and reconnecting them but it still does it. Opened up brand new sessions and it still does it on all instruments. I've never had this problem before so i'm wondering if i accidentally enabled something that i shouldn't have. any help is greatly appreciated guys! thanks

G5 Quad-Core 2.5
OSX Leopard 10.5.8
PT LE 8.0 cs3 Digi002 Rack
Old 02-08-2010, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Midi Problem - Notes being recorded in 2 octaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeski View Post
hello, i have encountered a problem with my midi recently where it's recording midi notes in 2 neighboring octaves at the same time. But it doesn't play both octaves, it just plays the one that i played on the keyboard. Despite my best efforts i can not get it back to normal. I've tried disconnecting all usb controllers and reconnecting them but it still does it. Opened up brand new sessions and it still does it on all instruments. I've never had this problem before so i'm wondering if i accidentally enabled something that i shouldn't have. any help is greatly appreciated guys! thanks

G5 Quad-Core 2.5
OSX Leopard 10.5.8
PT LE 8.0 cs3 Digi002 Rack
Sometimes MIDI gets corrupted in sessions..

You could try to export the MIDI files and see if they look OK when you import them in a new session..

Do you have audio too?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:07 PM

i have audio, everything works and sounds exactly as it should with the exception of the mirrored midi notes in the next octave. it's quite strange. it doesn't effect production but i would love to know whats causing it.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:17 PM

well somehow i fixed the double note issue thru reseting my midi controller to the factory default. not exactly sure what it was but it seemed to solve the problem. thanks for the input Flommer! appreciate it.