Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-17-2012, 11:13 AM

Default iLok won't surrender PT 9 license

Greetings,

I've upgraded to PT 10 from PT9 and installed the software. PT 9 license still on the iLok. When I try to download the license for 10, the iLok site tells me I must surrender the license for 9. Fine. But I get an error message from the site saying : 1 licenses required for surrender appear to be missing..etc.

I have syncronized the iLoks (I have two) and PT 9 is still sitting there, the website recognizes that. Yet I cannot authorize 10.

I have sent two service requests to iLok and have not heard back. I need to be up and running this weekend and really wanted to try out PT 10.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:44 AM

Default Re: iLok won't surrender PT 9 license

Just an addition--I've heard from iLok, and they are saying it's Avid's fault:

Please contact the software developer of the software you are attempting to use for further information on the use and authorization of their product.

Your surrender terms dictate that you surrender a Pro Tools 9 license, you have a Pro Tools HD license. You cannot fulfill the terms to download your Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle at this time. Only the software companies are able to amend your surrender terms and assist you in preparing for your upgrade.

Strange that iLok has allowed me to run ProTools 9 for the past year without a license? A bit confusing.

Now waiting to hear from Avid...

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstrings View Post
Just an addition--I've heard from iLok, and they are saying it's Avid's fault:

Please contact the software developer of the software you are attempting to use for further information on the use and authorization of their product.

Your surrender terms dictate that you surrender a Pro Tools 9 license, you have a Pro Tools HD license. You cannot fulfill the terms to download your Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle at this time. Only the software companies are able to amend your surrender terms and assist you in preparing for your upgrade.

Strange that iLok has allowed me to run ProTools 9 for the past year without a license? A bit confusing.

Now waiting to hear from Avid...

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Hi,

So you have a HD license which also enables you to run PT9.

And now you are trying to upgrade to PT10 bundle but you don't have a PT 9 license! you have a HD 9 license and the upgrade you bought doesn't accept HD 9 as a upgrade surrender for PT10.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:56 PM

Yes, thanks, I realize that now.

Appreciate it.